Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - Best Ever
Do you think these are the best ever?
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
I took my mother's (grand mother's) recipe for banana bread recipe and modified it slightly. This recipe is so popular in my house that the kids ask for it as soon as they see a black banana in the house. My daughter came home today from a sleep over and that was the first question out of her mouth, are the muffins made yet. I hope you enjoy these as much as my crew does. I love them too. Enjoy!
- 3 Ripe Bananas, Use 4 if smaller
- 1/4 Cup Soft Butter
- 1/4 Cup Shorting
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips, or More
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel banana's and place in large bowl. Beat on high with mixer for 1 minute
- Add Butter and beat on high for 1 minute
- Add shorting and beat on high for 1 minute
- Add egg beat on high for 1 minute
- Add sugar and beat on high for 3 minutes
- Add flour, salt and baking powder. Beat on low until well mixed. (You can use fork or spoon but I found mixer is easier)
- Add desired amount of chocolate chips and mix on low until well mixed
- Place paper cups in muffin pan. Use two tablespoons to fill each muffin cup to the top.
- Bake in Oven for 15 minutes. Open oven and turn the pan around. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the batter does not stick to a tooth pick.
More by this Author
The kind of gold you can sell ranges from inexpensive gold trinkets to dental gold to solid gold coins and fine jewelry. You’ve collected some pieces but can’t decide how to get the biggest buck for your...
Best Cheese Bun Recipe Ever and I pulled this out of a book and then changed it slightly. The family went nuts over the buns prior to putting cheese in it. Once I added the cheese, the dog went nuts too. This is just a...