Eggless Banana Choco-Chip Muffins Recipe: Quick & Easy
Last week my kids suddenly decided not to have bananas, and as a result we had too many ripe bananas. I couldn't see them perish so I decided to give it a go and mix them with their favorite yummy snack - choco-chip muffins! After checking all the ingredients at home, and armed with some ugly-looking fruits, I was on my way to 'Project: Save-the-bananas-recipe!' And the best part is, this one is eggless!! So here it goes:
(Makes 12 regular sizes muffins)
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 medium ripe and mashed Bananas
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cups quick cooking Oats
- 3/4 tspn Baking Soda
- 3/4 tspn Baking Powder
- 1/2 tspn Salt
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup miniature Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Please note that ovens vary, so refer to the handbook.
- Lightly grease and line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- Puree the bananas using a hand blender, fork or a potato masher with a tablespoon of water in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and oil to the banana puree; beat it well with a whisk or electric beater.
- Now add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips slowly.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4ths full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Check with a toothpick; you will know they're ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes before removing from pan to the wire rack. TIP: Do not leave the muffins in the tin for more than five minutes because the paper liner will start giving out moisture and the muffins will become soggy.
PS: For those who'd prefer to use eggs instead, here's a beautiful recipe video below:
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Video - (Using EGGS)
More by this Author
Nostradamus left us in discomfort with his prophecies...some are claimed to be true...lets explore a few...
What does your diary tell you about yourself...here's a poem about...
Modern age terror and Nostradamus...lets explore how much are we affected by his prophecy ...