Jamaican Banana Fritters Recipe
I really enjoy the recipes that have been passed on to me from my mom. This is one of them. I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do.
This recipe is a way to use bananas that no one wants to eat because they have become brown and will continue to sit there until they get tossed.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk/water depending on thickness of mix
- optional 1 dash (pinch) nutmeg (secret ingredient) don’t overdue very strong spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil/olive oil, for frying
- Mixer/ hand blender/Potato masher if doing by hand
- Measuring cup/spoons
- Mash up bananas in a bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and continue to mix until smooth and easy to pour. It should not be runny.
- Add flour, milk/water and continue mixing.
- If content is stiff or too thick, add a small amount of water- less is best- mix again until smooth.
- turn burner under frying pan on med heat until hot. Add enough oil to fry several fritters.
- Use a large spoon to scoop some of the batter into the oil. The same principles for making pancakes apply but make small ones so that they will fry quickly.
- Brown each side until cooked. Keep heat at a level where they won’t burn easily.
- For that extra sweet tooth sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top or honey or enjoy it just the way it is. Yum!!
© 2009 Chris Eddy111
More by this Author
Ah,music! Then there's sexy,seductive,sensual,songs that grab ahold of you and keep you wanting more.
Female comedians are just as funny as their male counterparts. They deserve to be recognized and given props for what they do. These top 5 are at the top of my charts in the comedy game.
Kissing! We all enjoy doing it. It's like second nature but do you know where a woman likes to be kissed?