Barbecue and Grilling Recipe Ideas
Grilled BBQ Chicken
I love to grill in the summertime no doubt about that. Being from the south chicken is a classic BBQ item. Here is a recipe that can be altered to taste, it is tangy but sweet yet jazzed up with a little bit of spice. Using your favorite BBQ sauce you can make this a hit at your next family get together.
- 4 Chicken Leg Quaters
- 1 Tsp Zaterains Cajun Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Minced Onion
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coursely ground Black Pepper
- dash Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/8 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 1/2 Cups Favorite BBQ Sauce (I use KC Masterpiece original)
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp Zaterains Cajun Spice
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- Non Stick Vegetable Spray
- 2 4 in. fresh cut sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- Rinse leg quaters in cold water and place on a plate. Season with Cajun Spice, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Black pepper, and lightly salt.
- In a separate bowl mix BBQ sauce, Liquid Smoke, Maple syrup, Dark brown sugar, 3/4 tsp Cajun spice, Minced garlic, and Minced dry onions and Red pepper flakes. Cover and refrigerate 30 min. - 2 hours.
- Before lighting grill coat surface with non stick spray. Place fresh cut rosemary directly on cooking surface and lay chicken on top. Light grill to low- medium heat and baste with BBQ sauce close lid and cook about 20 minutes. Open lid and baste again with BBQ every 20 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink.
No comments yet.