Basic Shrimp Scampi, a simple yet Delicious Recipe
Cook Time for Basic Shrimp Scampi
Rate this Recipe for me
My Shrimp Scampi Recipe
This Shrimp Recipe is one of my favorite BASIC recipes from my Shoebox collection. When you cook, and you want to serve something special, either at home or to some friends, one of the things that I recommend to others is that they go back to the basics.
When looking for recipes, I recommend that everyone first pick a food that interests them.
And if you aren’t sure of the appropriate process to follow, then find one of the BASIC recipes for the dish, and use it.
You don’t have to serve a complex and time consuming dish, to prove that you can cook. You just have to serve a good dish.
My reasoning for going back to basics is that, if you like to cook, then, by using a basic recipe for the process, you leave yourself free to make the recipe your own.
Then, with the addition of other Spices and Herbs that you have on hand and that happen to suit your tastes, at the moment, you end up with a dish that reflects you and your tastes.
Shrimp Scampi, as a dish, is really just your favorite Pasta, covered in Shrimp that are sautéed in Oil, Garlic and Butter. Here is my Basic Shrimp Scampi recipe. Use and modify it to your heart’s content.
Check out my profile page where you will see links to several of my Blogs, including: A FRUGAL CHEF It includes numerous great recipes that are simple to make and easy on your wallet.
Ingredients for Shrimp Scampi
- 2 lbs Shrimp (21-25 count), peeled and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup EVOO (Olive Oil), or more to suit your taste
- 4 each Large Garlic Cloves, chopped fine
- 3 tbs. Butter, melted
- 1/2 medium Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
Instructions for Shrimp Scampi
- Make your favorite Pasta. Make enough for four people, and time it to be ready at the same time that you will finish the Shrimp
- Heat the EVOO in a large Skillet over a Low to Medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Garlic and heat until it starts to turn a light golden color, but do not burn it.
- Add the Shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes, turn the Shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Once the Shrimp is a nice Pink in color add the Butter, Salt, Pepper, Lemon Juice and the Hot Sauce, to the mixture and continue to cook, stirring, for around 2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Pour your cooked Pasta into a large serving bowl, and then pour the Shrimp and the sauce over the pasta.
- Toss the mixture together until blended well and all of the Pasta is wet with the sauce.
- Serve HOT!
Nutritional Content of Shrimp Scampi (1-serving)
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||207|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 23 g||35%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 12 g||24%|
|Cholesterol 135 mg||45%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
NOTE: This dish is great just like it is listed. Pasta with Shrimp and a great Garlic and Butter flavor!
NOTE: A Shrimp Scampi dish like this has a flavor that can stand on its own two feet, it is a robust dish.
But, if you want to customize it, many Herbs and Spices can be used to customize the flavor of your dish even more.
Some suggestions of mine are; Cilantro, Thyme, Rosemary, Orange Zest, even Sage works. It’s your dish anyway, isn’t it?
Easy grilled Shrimp
© 2011 Don Bobbitt
More by this Author
This is a great, slightly spicy recipe for fried Tilapia. The recipe has enough added flavors to kick up the rather mild Tilapia fish fillet. It only takes a few minutes to prepare this entree.
If you love pickles, and want to save a few bucks, then this is a nice spicy recipe that everyone can make and enjoy. It is simple, and you can tune its ingredients to your personal tastes.
This article explains how one of the more popular Scams is being perpetrated on owners of RVs and Motorhomes. It is basically a Check kiting type of scam with a twist to use it on Motorhome sellers.