Bear N Mom Recipes Beverage Helpful Hints
Over the years, I've tried different types of beverages. When I was a youngster through young adulthood, we had a pharmacy that had a soda fountain. I've tried phosphate drinks and basic fountain colas with all different tastes. My favorite soda was a vanilla coke. I was partial to cherry phosphate.
I've drunk coffee with and without both sugar and milk. My favorite is plain old black Good to the last drop Maxwell House™. I've tried a lot of the other brands and I've made coffee in the old fashion percolator on top of the stove, in an electric percolator, a drip coffee maker and I now use a Keurig™ single cup with my own brewing basket. Of course, I still use my Maxwell House coffee in the Master Blend.
I'm not a tea drinker but my daughter loves raspberry iced tea. She buys it in the powder or already mixed from the dairy section of the supermarket. My neighbor used to make her own iced tea from boiled water and tea bags with cut up oranges and lemons floating in it for added flavor.
Helpful HInts to Better Tasting Beverages
- If you drink jasmine tea you wont need to use sugar in your tea. The sugarless iced teas in the supermarket have flavorings.
- If you add a calorie-free soda to iced fruit juices, your juices will go further and it reduces the calories per portion.
- To flavor your tea, you can dissolve lemon drops or hard mint candy in your drink. They will melt quickly.
- You can make your own spiced tea or cider by putting orange peels, whole cloves and cinnamon sticks in a piece of cheesecloth. Tie the corners and dip into hot cider or tea for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Always chill juices or sodas before adding to any beverage recipes for punch.
- To cool your punch make an ice ring from your punch ranther than using ice cubes. This prevents your punch from becoming diluted and makes a better appearance on your party table.
- For a minty tasting cup of tea or hot chocolate, place a fresh or dried mint leave to the bottom of the cup.
- One lemon yields about 1/4 cup juice and one orange yields about 1/3 cup of juice.
- If you boil coffee it brings out the acid and a bitter taste. Store ground coffee in the refrigerator or freezer to keep it fresh.
- In your drip coffee makers always use cold water. Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for each cup of water.
More by this Author
Guide to eating specialty sandwiches in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Pot roast made in a crock pot with an oriental flavor.
Old World Recipe for Croatian Nut Rolls as related to me by someone who baked these every Easter.
No comments yet.