Bear N Mom Recipes - Helpful Hints for Casseroles and Entrees
- Make two casseroles at one time. The second one goes in the freezer to be pulled out when you need a quick meal to serve unexpected guests.
- Make individual casseroles in muffin tins. The smaller portions will freeze easier.
- If you plan to freeze foods, never overcook them. They will finish cooking while being reheated.
- Be sure to label frozen foods with name of food and date so that they are used within one or two months.
- By sprinkling a little salt or flour in a pan you can prevent hot oil from spattering.
- You can keep cooked rice separated with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Frozen foods with clove, garlic and green pepper get stronger while being frozen; while foods with sage, onion and salt get milder.
- Cooked egg white will get tough if frozen.
- By spraying your grill with oil, it will prevent sticking.
- To thicken a stew, you can add some instant potatoes.
- Drape lasagna noodles over the side of the pot to keep them separated.
For use in making my casseroles
More by this Author
This ground beef specialty is simple to make and flavorful to eat with mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Pot roast made in a crock pot with an oriental flavor.
Royal Icing Recipe to decorate cookies and how to use the royal icing.
No comments yet.