Bear N Mom Recipes - Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cake
I have been eating cakes similar to this from the local Giant Eagle Store. They call theirs "Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cakes" but they are really expensive because they charge $4.99 for half a cake. Then I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a box cake made with Yogurt and water. A new cake idea was born. All I did from the original recipe was add milk chocolate chips. The result was a somewhat heavier cake but it has a really good chocolate taste
Most people use the semi-sweet chocolate chips but I can't eat dark chocolate so I substitute milk chocolate chips instead. This cake is yummy whether it is eaten plain like pictured or with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Emply cake mix into medium size bowl.
- Add 6 oz. vanilla yogurt and 1 cup of water.
- Beat on medium speed with electric mixer until cake batter is smooth.
- Drop in 4 oz. of Milk Chocolate Chips and stir until chips are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Pour into a bundt pan prepared with Pam and bake at 350 deg. for 40-45 minutes.
- Take cake from oven when cake tester comes out clean and let sit for 5 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mis, Any brand but I used Betty Crocker
- 6 oz. Vanilla Yorgurt
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 34 g||11%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 380 mg||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Bite size copies of the famous French cookies that tantalize that craving for crispy with cinnamon
Royal Icing Recipe to decorate cookies and how to use the royal icing.
Old World Recipe for Croatian Nut Rolls as related to me by someone who baked these every Easter.