Bear N Mom Recipes - Crock Pot Pork Roast
To get a full flavored pork roast you need to throw out the sodium counter and pull out all the stops to achieve this wonderful savory roast.
As I have found a roast no matter whether done in the oven or in the crock pot has a much better flavor and retains it's juices when you sear the roast in a skillet prior to putting it in with the onions and celery to get your roast started.
- Prep time: 25 min
- Cook time: 4 hours
- Ready in: 4 hours 25 min
- Yields: 1/4 lb. per serving.
- Pork Roast, 1/4 lb. per serving
- 1 pkg. Onion soup packet
- 1 pkg. Pork Gravy packet
- 1/2 White Onion Chopped
- 1/4 lb. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 portion Motts Applesauce, lunch sized
- Seasonings, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- Mix together and set aside: water, onion soup, pork gravy and applesauce.
- Sauté the pork roast in a large skillet seasoned to taste in about a tablespoon of olive oil. Place sauted roast in crock pot that has been set on low temperature.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions and mushrooms just enough to release the juices from the mushrooms. Pour the contents of the skillet over the pork roast.
- Pour the water mixture over the whole roast and onion mixture.
- Cook until you can't stand the wonderfully scented aroma any longer (about 4 hours).
More by this Author
My alternative to Suddenly Salad Box Macaroni Salads.
A favorite recipe from a neighbor who made the best pork roasts and then a pie to die for from the leftovers. A must for your fall menu.
Old World Recipe for Croatian Nut Rolls as related to me by someone who baked these every Easter.
No comments yet.