Bear N Mom Recipes - Macaroni and Shrimp Salad
This is not one of my original recipes but it is one to which I have put my own flare for our family gathering Christmas Eve.
The original recipe called for a seasoning that I never use; and although the recipe only called for one cup of mayonnaise, I upped the mayonnaise and milk to make the recipe creamier. I also added Fresh Spinach Leaves for added flavor and color.
There is one additional change I will make though and test it out. I will be replacing the mayonnaise with Miracle Whip© to boost the flavor of the dish.
- 1 lb. Frozen Salad Shrimp, thawed and drained
- 1 lb. Pasta, I used Elbow Macaroni
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 4 stalks Celery, chopped
- Fresh Chives, chopped
- Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, chopped
- 3-4 cups Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Defrost Shrimp by leaving in refrigerator for two days and then pouring into a colander for rinsing.
- Prepare Pasta using instruction on the box until tender. Pour into colander to drain and rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, chop onions, celery, chives and spinach and set aside.
- Pour pasta over chopped vegetables and mix thoroughly. Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- Add shrimp and mix through.
- Mix mayonnaise and milk. Whip until smooth and then pour over macaroni salad. Mix until all of the macaroni is covered and creamy.
In today's world consider gluten free
More by this Author
Original Potato Salad that has been the tried many times recipe that I'm asked to make for everyone who has ever tasted it.
My alternative to Suddenly Salad Box Macaroni Salads.
Guide to eating specialty sandwiches in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
No comments yet.