Bear N Mom Recipes - Tomato and Broccoli Frittata
This recipe is one that my son made up by just using ingredients that he liked in his Frittata. I wasn't a fan of it at first but it grows on you.
The picture is a cross cut of the Frittata. My son doesn't leave it whole long enough for anyone to get a picture of the finished recipe.
- 1 dozen Eggs
- 16 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 16 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 pkg. Frozen Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Tomato, large
- Precook frozen broccoli until tender. Drain and set aside on paper towels to thoroughly dry.
- Chop tomato into small pieces. If you prefer you can cut in thin slices.
- Whisk eggs until frothy. Add ricotta cheese and mix until smooth. Pat dry the broccoli and tomato pieces and mix into egg mixture. Fold in the Mozzarella Cheese.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for approximately and hour. The top should be browned and a knife inserted into the middle should come out clean.
Suggestions and Tips
If you have not removed enough of the water from the broccoli you may find a bit of moisture in the middle. As long as it doesn't look like uncooked egg, I suggest removing this moisture with a turkey baster so that the frittata is not watery.
You do need to let it sit long enough for the cheeses to set after taking out of the oven.
If you are feeling festive you can add pieces of meat to the recipe such as chipped ham or any other lunch meat that tickles your fancy. Actually this one is one that I invite you to experiment with.
For cutting the broccoli and tomato
More by this Author
Pot roast made in a crock pot with an oriental flavor.
Sage Dressing recipe that my Mom made every Thanksgiving Eve to be stuffed into the Turkey.
Old World Recipe for Croatian Nut Rolls as related to me by someone who baked these every Easter.