Bear N Mom Recipes - Waldorf Salad
This salad is one that is very easy to make for a covered dish buffet. It is also something different to serve in the fall when apples are really plentiful. Make this salad before you start to put up those apples for winter use.
My Mother really loved this salad and made it whenever she could get her favorite McIntosh apples. This recipe doesn't take a lot of ingredients and is a wonderful side dish for a supper or for a lunch by itself.
- 3 apples, cored, peeled & chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Add the apples, celery, walnuts and raisins (optional) and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you are hosting a card club for lunch, you can add chunks of cooked chicken to the salad to give it a heartier blend.
More by this Author
A healthier Banana Bread that is made with applesauce and honey.
How to precook and put up apples already seasoned for use in pies over the winter.
Pot roast made in a crock pot with an oriental flavor.
No comments yet.