Bear N Mom Recipes - Waldorf Salad
This salad is one that is very easy to make for a covered dish buffet. It is also something different to serve in the fall when apples are really plentiful. Make this salad before you start to put up those apples for winter use.
My Mother really loved this salad and made it whenever she could get her favorite McIntosh apples. This recipe doesn't take a lot of ingredients and is a wonderful side dish for a supper or for a lunch by itself.
- 3 apples, cored, peeled & chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Add the apples, celery, walnuts and raisins (optional) and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you are hosting a card club for lunch, you can add chunks of cooked chicken to the salad to give it a heartier blend.
More by this Author
How to precook and put up apples already seasoned for use in pies over the winter.
quick and easy recipe for making applesauce in the microwave and blender.
Cooking tips for casseroles and main menu items
No comments yet.