Bear N Mom Recipes - Salisbury Steak
In our house ground meat was a mainstay. My mother knew so many recipes that started with ground beef. This one is a favorite of mine. As a child I was not fond of gravy and mushrooms. Now that my flavor buds have been awakened, I add the gravy onto my salisbury steak and onto the mashed potatoes that I love to serve with it.
- 1 pkg dry onion soup
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 lb. ground beef, 75% fat is best tasting
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- In a pan combine the contents of the jar of beef gravy, dry onion soup packet, applesauce cup and the can of cream of mushroom soup. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly mixed and then set. stirring occasionally with a whisk aside.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil and then set aside.
- Combine the ground beef, celery and onions and mix well. Prepare the salisbury steak by dividing the meat mixture into four servings and placing them in a 9x13 pan with a small amount of water to prevent sticking. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Place the pan in a 350 deg. oven and bake for approximately 1 hour or until the meat patties are browned and cooked through.
- Remove the 4 salisbury steaks to a square cooking casserole and pour the prepared gravy and mushrooms over the patties.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place back into a warm oven for a half hour to heat the gravy over the steaks.
For those hectic I can't find enough time days
More by this Author
How to make stuffed cabbage without boiling the cabbage leaves. No more scorched fingers.
Pot roast made in a crock pot with an oriental flavor.
Royal Icing Recipe to decorate cookies and how to use the royal icing.
No comments yet.