Beer Brine Recipe to Keep Chicken Breasts Moist
Rate this Beer Brine for Chicken
Beer Brining Chicken Breasts
There are basic brining recipes that will help chicken, pork or turkey stay moist, but for a richer flavor try brining with a mixture of beer and seasonings. I've recently been brining pork and chicken and came up with my own recipe for brining boneless skinless chicken breasts. I've never been a big fan of grilling boneless skinless chicken because it dries out, but brining it and cooking it to just the right tempature keeps it moist and delicious.
- Tip: Before brining, tenderize the chicken to help break down the meat fibers and turn the chicken breast into a sponge for absorbing the brine. Here are instructions on how to tenderize chicken.
Cook Time for Beer Brined Chicken
Ingredients For Beer Brine for Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Coarse Salt, Kosher Salt
- 1/8 cup Garlic Salt
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 12 to 24 Ounces Brown Ale, Full flavored beer, Coors, Bud is an OK substitute
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 quarts Water
Instructions for Beer Brined Chicken Breasts
- Dissolve the salt and sugar in the beer and water mixture with the onion powder floating around. Stir until it's all dissolved. Use warm or hot water to help the seasoning dissolve.
- Place the chicken into the pot, cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Remove, rinse, and pat dry. Now season with pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- Cook on the grill for about 10 minutes. About 3 to 4 minutes per side at a medium - high heat. The chicken should have a tinge of pink when you pull it off (155 degrees on a meat thermometer).
- Let it rest for 10 minutes to continue cooking and then serve. This will be some of the most moist chicken you will ever barbecue.
More by this Author
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes for rack of lamb. This includes all the steps to grill and flavor it to perfection.
Grill oysters in the shell for a unique barbecued delicacy in under 12 minutes.
Suggestions from kids, parents, and friends on what to get an eight-year-old girl for her birthday.