Beer Can Chicken with beerless alternatives
I have been intrigued about the idea of beercan chicken for some time. I did a little research and am here to tell you it is delicious and easy. A new and delicious way of cooking chicken investigated and approved!!
The aim of this method is to cook the chicken standing up with a liquid inside the beercan that evaporates as the bird cooks adding steam into the BBQ or oven to assist in the cooking.
Beer can with lid removed
1. Remove the beer can lid (I did this with a can opener another idea would be to use tin snips or even strong scissors)
2. Squeeze lemon over chicken
3. Rub spices on and in the chicken. Between the skin and the flesh is good. Rub clove of garlic in there and leave it.
4. Place lemon halves, spice rub and garlic into beer can with some white wine. You can substitute chicken stock, water or beer. Fill to 3/4 level
5. Place the beer can in the BBQ and put chicken on to of it. You might want to practice this with empty can and non seasoned chicken as there is an art to making sure it fits in the BBQ with the lid closed.
6. Cook until thermometer reads 80oC in fat part of thigh or the juice from the thigh runs clear.
7. Let it rest for 10 Min's before carving and remove beer can with tongs before carving.
8. Eat and enjoy!
More by this Author
Growing herbs in a tropical climate can be challenging but oh so rewarding! So come on down and have a go!