Super Awesome Bell Pepper Potato Salad Recipe
This is a little different from my standard writing fare, but I actually make this and it is incredibly awesome. Seriously. It's a yummy carbohydrate filled dish for those of us who realize that a life without carbohydrates is like a world without love.
You will need:
- Some potatoes
- A Bell Pepper
- Condiments to taste
This is a very simple, relatively healthy (depending on the type of mayonnaise you use,) dish that the whole family are sure to enjoy. Or else they can make their own dinner. What are you, some kind of maid servant? I think not!
- The first step to creating lovely potato salad is cooking the potatoes. This takes around about twenty or so minutes, depending on how many potatoes you use. It's best, and much easier for you not to peel the potatoes. Removing the skin can remove a great deal of nutrients and flavor.
- Boil your potatoes and when they have boiled sufficiently that you can stick them with a knife and they just slide off like a dying Shakespearean prince, you know you've cooked them enough.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
- Towards the end of the potato cooking process, or afterward if you are short on space and pots, boil three eggs, or as many as you feel are appropriate for the volume of potato salad you are making. Hard boil them, runny eggs are most excellent in many contexts, but this is not one of them.
- Once the eggs are done, cool them
- As everything becomes progressively cooler now is your chance to create the rest of the dish. Take some mayonnaise (full flavored or lite,) or perhaps some yoghurt if you are watching your waist. Chop your bell pepper into strips and then into small pieces. Mix the mayonnaise and bell pepper pieces together.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, rinse them under cool to warm water. The skins should slough right off. Then chop them to the desired size (small cubes generally work best) and add them to the mayonnaise and bell pepper mix, along with salt, pepper and any other condiments you might happen to favor.
- You will no doubt need to add more mayonnaise at this point in order to reach a pleasing consistency.
- Lastly, chop up your hard boiled eggs and add them to the mix, combining them gently with the rest of the potato salad.
- Put the potato salad in the fridge to cool for a few hours (overnight is good if you can resist it for that long,) if you don't have the time for that, an hour in the freezer will also cool it down quickly.
Et voila! You have delicious potato salad with a crispy bell pepper bite.
More by this Author
If you have a new rabbit, you might be surprised by how much poop it makes. You might even think that it is sick. However, keep in mind that rabbits do poop a lot. In fact, what might seem like up to a hundred or more...
As a woman, I write a great deal about men who wear lingerie. To be honest, it has become rather a passion of mine over the past few years, but it wasn't always that way. This is the story of how I came upon this...
So dirty, how to make it clean again? If you're anything like me, when you started out your new hobby life as an aquarist, you bought a second hand fish tank. Second hand fish tanks, assuming they don't leak,...