More Of the Best Christmas Dishes For Easy Cooking and Fun
- Split large dinner, Kaiser, or submarine sandwich rolls with a knife and brush with EVOO olive oil. Delicious with any good crusty-top roll. Try rye or pumpernickel. Onion rolls would be especially good.
- Alternate thin slices of turkey and cheese on one side.
- Top with Olive Salad and replace top of the roll.
- Makes 2 to 3 servings.
- If you like, heat through long enough to soften cheeses.
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cauliflower or brocolli
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green and red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1/3 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, oregano and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
Mix all the Olive Salad ingredients together in a quart jar and keep refrigerated.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or cooking-spray two cookie sheets.
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt until well blended
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy yellow.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture in slowly and stir until combined.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls or small icream-scooperfuls onto the baking sheets and be sure to leave 2 inches between cookies so they have room to spread as they bake.
- Bake until evenly golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to cooling racks.
- Serve with Strawberry or Lemon Ice Cream from your grocery, or make your own.
WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE!
You can use White Chocolate Chips or any flavored chips, like RASPBERRY.
- 1 cup white chocolate [or flavored] chips - mint choco-chips are good.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups half-and-half [or 2% milk to reduce fats]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Vanilla whipped topping
- Thick candy cane or light peppermint sticks, some crushed over the tops and a whole stick in each glass.
In a heavy, medium size saucepan use medium heat and add white chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Stirring continuously until all the chocolate chips melt, don't let the pot burn.
- Stir in the half-and-half or 2%, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Stir until mixture is hot and delicious.
- Pour into mugs or thick glasses and top with a dollop of whipped topping and a candy stick. Crush some pepermint stick over the tops of each mug.
- A Mexican Christmas Menu
An appealing menu for the holidays, particularly for Christmas Eve Christmas Day often include the following Mexican recipes with a little zing...
- Christmas Holiday Recipes - Breakfast For Reindeer, Too!
Here are some Holiday breakfasts or anytime-snack treats ... even one for Santa's Reindeer.
- My Favorite Christmas Ice Cream Recipes
When Edy's Ice Cream discontinued their red pepper flavor, I learned to make it myself. It's easy and fun for Christmas. Mild and lightly flavored with cayenne, it pulls it flavor from a few spiced peanuts in a French Vanilla base.
More by this Author
What would pizza be like if it were served over pasta in a bowl? This recipe is a tribute to such a dish that existed for only a short time long ago in a pizza restaurant of the 1970s.
This is a good-tasting soup for winter that will make you feel warm and satisfied with good food. This recipe can be made with other forms of delicious squash as well. Video recipes included.
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!