Best Mexican Lasagna Ever
Best Mexican Lasagna Recipe Ever
The Miami Herald said that this was the best Mexican Lasagna ever when I made it in 2002 at the Miami Food Show. Everyone that I have ever made it for agrees that it truly is the best Mexican Lasagna ever.
And if you will follow the recipe carefully you will find that it really is a quick and easy recipe that anyone can easily follow along and make.
For Your Mexican Lasagna Recipe You Will Need.
1. 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil., Use to fry your meat, onion and spices in.
2. 1 Pound Of Lean Ground Beef.
3. 1 Pound Of Ground Pork.
4. 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin.
5. 1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander.
6. 1 15 Ounce Can Of Hominy.
7. 1 Purple Sweet Onion Diced Fine.
8. 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic.
9. 1 Heaping Tablespoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
10. 1 Pound Pepper Jack Shredded Cheese.
11. 1 Pound 4 Cheese Shredded Mexican Cheese.
12. 2-3 Large Packs Flour Tortillas.
13. 1 Large Container Ricotta Cheese.
14. 1 Teaspoon Salt.
15. 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper.
16. 1 Large Jar of Mild to Hot Salsa. ( You decide which you want )
Start with browning your meats in a large skillet. Add your onion and garlic and cook it along with your meat. Also add your salt , cayenne pepper, black pepper , cumin and coriander to the skillet. Once your meat and onion are done drain very well and set aside.
Start by spraying a large casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray. Then place a layer of flour tortillas , meat , cheeses , and salsa and then another layer of flour tortillas and keep repeating until the casserole dish is full. Be sure that you add hominy to each layer.
You want to end with a generous layer of the cheeses.
Bake in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is well melted and the lasagna is hot all the way through.
This makes the best Mexican Lasagna you will ever eat. It really is that delicious. Serve it with a green salad for a great meal.
More by this Author
Pulled Pork and Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches are about as southern as you can get. If you've been looking for a delicious recipe for pulled pork sandwiches you just found it. You'll also find some great recipes for...
Corn Bread baked in a iron skillet. Cornbread carries a loyal following in the south. Its crispy crust and slightly gritty texture make it a popular staple all by its self or covered with chili or smothered in butter...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.