Best Spring Water Companies in America
The Mystery of Adobe Springs and Noah's Spring Water
The name Noah's Spring Water should make one feel confident, since Noah of the Old Testament survived a storm and long time flooding with his family and an ark brim full of animals intact.
Howver, one consumer was less than confident in the company that makes the Noah's product, because the source of the water was vague, if it indeed existed at all. There was mention made of Adobe Springs in California.
Having just stumbled onto the coversation, I was intrigued and decided to follow-up, since I enjoy cooking with spring water. Just where does our purchase originate? I' d like to see some springs myself.
Noah's Spring Water
Here is the product in cans, although I was expecting to see it in large bottles.
A Long Journey To Find Water
Personally, I feel that I had to search too far afield for consumer information that should be listed on a company's website.
A couple of real estate companies in California listed dribs and drabs of related information, leading me finally to the US Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). Many real estate companies offer a large amount of useful information on their websites and are as good as encyclopedias, census reports, and almanacs that describe the cities and towns of our country.
GNIS lists the Adobe Springs in San Deigo County, California at the following coordinates:
- Latitude: 33.3952215
- Longitude: -116.6966652
I also found Adobe Springs on a map, although it is not near any other water that I can see. In fact, Adobe Springs is a tiny dot on the map under a marker generated by Google. It really is not marked with a name.
The springs are said to be at or near Beauty Mountain and just off Sweetwater Canyon Road. This road is east from Route 79, from where Chihuahua Valley Road runs eastward to intersect with Sweetwater Canyon Road. You turn right or south at that intersection onto Sweetwater Canyon Road and go about 3 miles. Th Springs is supposed to be right there.
The springs' geographic feature ID is 238431. The map makes it look tiny ad isolated. I wonder if the springs are dried up?
However, this is not the only Adobe Springs in California.
The Mystery Expands
To muddy the waters further, California has three (3) springs named Adobe Springs, one near Modesto in Western Stanislaus County (see the next section, below). Another is located between San Diego County and Stanislaus County. All three locations are mountainous and have no mail delivery.
Where is the world is Carmen "San-diego" with our Adobe Springs?
A bottling company; and another Adobe Springs, just 19 miles off I-5, west of Patterson, California, near the San Francisco Bay Area.
Adobe Springs Web Pages - The Best?
Adobe Springs is treated to a full web page at the Magnesium Online Library at http://www.mgwater.com/adobe.shtml Retrieved August 25, 2013. A link on this page takes readers directly to the Noah's Water website. In fact, the Magnesium Onlie Library is entirely about Adobe Springs and includes some research papers about the water.
We see there on the Library website that the springs is indeed active, providing 75 million gallons of spring water every year. The water contains 110 mg/L magnesium and is therefore one of the most heart-healthy spring waters in the nation. However, water from Adobe Springs is not on any Best or Healthiest list of waters that I can find thus far.
The water in Adobe Springs is used for more than one brand of bottles water, as so:
- Location: Seven-Up bottling plant in Modesto CA -- Noah's Spring Water, sealed in cans.
- Location: Somewhere in or near Palo Alto CA, farther to the west of Modesto -- hiOsilver Oxygen Water, bottled in glass. The water is oxygenated. In 2013, the name changed to O2Cool Oxygen Water.
The Adobe Springs nearest Modesto, California is located 19 miles east of I-5, but west of Patterson CA. See the map below. There is no mail delivery and or school system in this area, the only travel being by semi-truck or tanker.
None of the three Adobe Springs can be visited and business must be done by companies seeking bulk water shipments at the Patterson springs.
Modesto's Adobe Springs
Directions to the Free Spigot
Take the Diablo Grande Parkway exit from I-5, go about 800 feet, and turn right on Del Puerto Canyon Rd. Then go about 18.6 miles (1.5 miles or so past Frank Raines Park) and it will be at 19,000 Del Puerto Canyon Rd, on the left.
Best Spring Waters In America
The following are the best quality bottled waters in the world, according to Fox News on August 24, 2012. ost of them are spring waters:
- Evian spring water
- Fiji artesian water
- Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water - spring water, Germany.
- Ferrarelle Naturally Sparkling Water - spring water, Italy.
- Perrier - spring water, France.
- San Pellegrino - spring water, Italy.
- Mountain Valley Spring Water - From the hill country between the Glazypeau and Cedar Mountains in Arkansas. Elvis Presley and John Lennon used it for its medicinal powers. I like the taste All United States Presidents from Calvin Coolidge to Bill Clinton served this water in the White House. The super racehorse Secretariat also drank this water.
- Ty Nant - spring water, Wales, UK.
- Volvic - spring water, France.
- Icelandic Glacial - spring water with a 0 carbon footprint. Distributed in the USA by Anheuser-Busch.
I'll have to stick with Mountain Valley Spring Water, also the favorite of my distant cousin, Elvis.
Mountain Valley Spring Water - Many Springs
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia International Water Tasting Competition, February 2013
Sponsors of this event say that it is the largest "water tasting" event in the whole world. The favorites in a few ctegories in the competition for 2013 are listed below. Again, most are speing waters (Reference: http://travel.cnn.com/worlds-best-drinking-water-232371 Retrieved August 24, 2013).
Best Bottled Waters:
- Canadian Gold Artesian Water - Marchand, Manitoba, Canada
- Agana Rainwater - Buda, Texas
- Denton Spring Water - North East, Maryland
- Eldorado Natural Spring Water - Eldorado, Colorado
- Kiowata - Longford, Kansas
Best Sparkling Waters:
- [Tie for 1st Place] Touch Sparkling Mineral Water - Marchand, Manitoba, Canada; Celvik Dobri Kiseljak - Tesanj, Bosnia
- American Summits Natural Spring Water - Clark, Wyoming
- Puyehue - Osono, Chile
- [Tie for 4th Place] Antipodes - Whakatane, New Zealand; Jackson Springs Natural Premium Spring Water - Manitoba, Canada
More by this Author
The Seminole Nation is traditionally from Florida and enjoyed many of the foods found naturally in the area. One unique aspect of the Seminole community is that it was made up of different nations, especially Creek...
Pickling Meat is a way of curing and preserving different types of meats and was developed before the days of refrigeration or easy access to ice to keep meats cold.
Preparing well for job interviews can help you feel much less like you were stepping off a cliff into the unknown! The following interview questions are 100 of the most-asked and most important.