Best chicken recipes with green and red curry masala
Pan fried chicken in green masala
Any recipe that you concoct on your own can be your best recipe. I hate to follow cookbooks and guidelines; my cooking is more by intuition than by cookbooks. I generally take an idea from somewhere and adapt it to suit my taste buds. Repetition of the same kind of food often meets with un-enthusiastic people at the table and my family is constantly looking for change. This is one such recipe that has come during times of experimentation. This pan fried chicken is easy to make and is also quite healthy. Fried chicken is generally very popular everywhere and so it is in my home as well..this recipe is as good as any fried chicken dish without the ill effects of the oil.
The green masala consists of fresh herbs and spices which makes this recipe different and uniquely flavoured. You will not forget the flavours once you have tasted it... This is my own unique recipe so you may only order it at sofs’ or make it yourself.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- Yields: Serves 2
Best Chicken recipe - Green Masala
- I piece Chicken breast
- A good handful each Cilantro and Mint, cleaned and chopped
- 2 or 3 Green chilly peppers
- 1 Huge onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Spice powder, (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric grounds
- 2 tbsp Thick coconut milk, or 1 tsp coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp corn flour
For the spice powder:
1tsp coriander seeds
7 to 10 peppercorns
a pinch of fresh ground nutmeg,
a 1/4" piece of cinnamon,
1 tsp fennel seeds,
all pounded freshly or milled in a blender
- Grind into a fine paste: the onions, cilantro and green chillies in a blender.
- Rinse the chicken breast with water into which half of the turmeric powder has been added. Pat the chicken dry on a paper towel. We always apply a paste of turmeric to wash any meat that we cook. We usually leave it for about ten minutes before rinsing off. Turmeric has great antiseptic and antibacterial properties, and you can be absolutely sure that what you eat is naturally clean and safe. Make light incisions on the chicken breast, taking care not to go too deep or break it.
- In a pan, add a few drops of olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides until it is slightly golden.
- Mix together green paste, spice powder, ginger garlic paste, turmeric and salt to taste, in a bowl.
- Now, add this paste to the chicken in the pan. Coat both sides of the chicken making sure that the masala does not burn on the pan. Once well coated and dry, add a cup of boiling water to the chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 5 mts. Fry until all the masala is absorbed onto the chicken and it is nicely browned.
- Remove the excess masala from the chicken and transfer to a different serving dish.
- In the same pan with the remaining masala, add half a cup of water and let it boil and become thick. Mix a tsp of cornflour with water and to the sauce stirring it until it is nice and smooth.
- Add the coconut milk or milk powder mixed with a tbsp of water just before taking it off the flame. Plate the chicken, decorating it as you wish. Pour the sauce slightly over it before serving. The pan fried chicken in green masala is ready. You could serve it with rice, naans, parathas or rotis
- Instead of coconut milk you could use a paste of eight cashew nuts for a rich and creamy effect. If you would like it more spicy split a chilly slightly and add it to the pan of sauce. My secret ingredient to all chicken recipes is the ramba leaf. The leaf itself is not edible but the flavour is amazing.
- Don't forget to let me know how you liked this special flavor of India!
Chicken curry with red masala
I piece chicken breast. You could quarter it or cook it as it is.
For the red masala you need
2 teaspoons of cornflour,
1 tsp chilli powder,
1 tbspn ginger garlic paste
spice powder and salt
juice of half a lemon
Mix the ingredients in a bowl with a little warm water. In a pan add a few drops of oil and brown the chicken on both sides. Add the mixed ingredients in the bowl and follow the same procedure as the previous recipe for frying.
For the gravy remove the excess masala from the chicken. Add one and a half cups of boiling water, simmer until the gravy become smooth and thick. Add cashew paste and two tablespoons of tomato sauce. Check and add salt before serving. Do not substitute Coconut cream instead of cashew paste as the lemon in the gravy makes it go sour and lumpy in texture.
This is finger licking good.. don't forget to try these recipes out.
More by this Author
Onion health benefits far out weigh the odor and unpleasantness related to this vegetable. Its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-cancer and other health benefits seem to make the onion the a highly recommended item...
The Biryani is the most delicious single pot Indian dish while being balanced and nutritious in every way. This hub provides interesting facts about the origin and history of Biryani. It also includes an easy recipe...
Problems that teenagers face today are many,I have highlighted the top ten problems faced by teenagers. Parenting Teenagers is not easy, understanding the problems teenagers face could help us help our teenagers deal...