Best pumpkin cake recipe - yummy pumpkin cake for Halloween, Thanksgiving or anytime
Best pumpkin cake
Best pumpkin cake recipe
I love the seasonal flavor of sweetened pumpkin in Starbuck's pumpkin spice lattes during autumn. I also enjoy pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll cake during that stretch between Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Nevertheless, sweetened pumpkin treats are really enjoyable year round. The scent of a pumpkin dessert baking in the oven can fill your home with cozy comfort even in the spring and summer time as well as the colder winter months and autumn of course.
I learned about a pumpkin cake recipe that I was eager to try to adapt. The result was truly delicious homemade cake that I look forward to making for years to come.
- This cake has an enticing color, flavor and texture.
- It is very moist and tasty.
- It is just the thing for the dessert table at Thanksgiving dinner but it is so great for lots of other occasions anytime.
The treat of pumpkin cake in the summer time might even leave one feeling nostalgic for the Fall. The brisk winds, the beautiful crisp and colorful leaves falling from the trees and more of this cake would all be things to look forward to.
One of the delicious elements in the Best pumpkin cake recipe are the walnuts. They are so good. Everything comes together nicely.
- This Best pumpkin cake recipe also calls for just a sprinkling of sugar on top of the cake.
- It is not a cake with frosting.
- Of course, you can optionally add a vanilla or cream cheese frosting if you prefer.
I, myself think I might try the pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting the next time I bake it but I know that the pumpkin cake is also definitely very sweet and tasty without the need for frosting. So, either way will be good.
This recipe is adapted from one I found at http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pumpkin-cake-i/Detail.aspx.
I use significantly less ingredients when I make this cake but I used the above recipe as a template. All photos are my own.
For this pumpkin cake, :
1. Take a 15 oz can of pureed pumpkin and empty into a bowl
In addition to the pumpkin, here is what you will need for this scrumptious & homemade best pumpkin cake
2. Add 3 eggs and 1 cup of vegetable oil to the bowl and beat well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients:
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups of all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of crushed walnuts
Combine the pumpkin cake ingredients
4. Combine the ingredients of the two bowls into one and mix well. Assure that the mixture is not lumpy.
Mixing and pouring the pumpkin cake batter
Pumpkin cake batter ready for baking in the oven
5. Pour the entire mixture into a greased and floured 10 inch round baking pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
7. Allow the cake to cool completely in its pan for several minutes and then flip the pan over into a plate gently. The cake should emerge on to the plate perfectly rounded and whole.
8. Sprinkle some extra white sugar or confectioner's sugar on top
9. Serve the cake and enjoy!
Would you like to rate this cake recipe?
More by this Author
There's a multitude of cakes available in supermarkets and grocery stores (both in the frozen section and in the fresh bakery section) but what is the best carrot cake available? Here is my answer..
This article contains a modified recipe for the traditional Caribbean style sponge cake. It discusses how to make Caribbean sponge cake very simply. Enjoy this delicious dessert.
Delicious meatballs are possible without breadcrumbs! Whether you don't eat breadcrumbs or none are readily available, try this recipe plus a savory tomato sauce garnished with parsley and spices.