Bewitching Minty Cakes
Chocolate Addiction Fix
What in the world is better than chocolate and mint together? They complement each other like chocolate and peanut butter. I have always been a huge fan of mint and of course everyone knows I am a chocoholic.
These cupcakes are refreshing, satisfying and bliss; if you are looking for something to help your chocolate craving and you really want to treat yourself!
Of course I used a boxed cake mix for this recipe but revised a lot of things, SO with that being said, let me share how I make my Triple Chocolate Mint Cupcakes!
Can there ever be too much chocolate?
Yeah, just like everything else unfortunately chocolate can be over powering too. But throughout the years experimenting with the measurements of the ingredients I think I found a medium place where it is rich, but not over baring rich. You could leave the dark chocolate out... it is totally your call.
- 1 Box Chocolate Fudge Boxed Cake Mix, (you can use whichever one you want.. they even have sugar-free or Gluten Free)
- 3 Egg Whites, Whipped a little
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/4 cup Hershey Dark Chocolate Syrup, Optional
- 1/2 teapsoon Decaf Instant Coffee
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips, I use soy, dairy, nut free (less Carbs)
- 1 teaspoon Mint Extract, Start with 1/2 t. and see if it is strong enough for you
- Mix everything together but try to not over mix. Use the tiny cupcake tins, it will be less calories and carbs AND you will get a lot more if you are having these for a party.
- By using the tiny cupcake tins it will be less calories and carbs AND you will get a lot more if you are having these for a party. Allow to cool.
Mint Slime Frosting
Whipped White Frosting (this has less sodium)
1-2 drops of Green Food Coloring
Tube of Green Icing Gel (sold in Cake Isle)
1/2 teaspoon of Mint Extract
To decorate the cupcake use shaved chocolate or break an Andres Mint in half and stick it in the middle of the cupcake. To finish it off drizzle a little green gel frosting over the top of them to give them a creepy effect.
I am not a 100% sure of the amount of mini cupcakes you will get from a batch. I put 18 but I am almost sure you could get more depending on how far you fill the cupcake liners.
Other Halloween Treats
- Halloween recipes and food ideas
Halloween recipes and fun food ideas. Halloween dessert ideas including pumpkin pie recipe, witches hats, black cat cupcakes recipe, toffee apples and ghost cookie recipe.
- Top Halloween Recipes 2012
Halloween Recipes for a zombie party. These may be too gross to eat!
- Ghoulish Goodies: Easy Halloween Recipes With Pictur...
Ghoulish Goodies presents more than 70 Halloween themed recipes for your haunting pleasure.
- Thai Halloween Recipes
A fun collection of Thai recipes for Halloween, from pumpkin curry and stir fry to vampire-friendly soup and witch-inspired black pudding!
- Vegetarian Halloween Recipes
These creepy treats are vegetarian but are sure to please and spook anyone.
Some of my other recipes
- Making Homemade Applebutter
If you are looking for great gift ideas, recipes that are cooked from the heart says it all. This is a great recipe that can be enjoyed all year long. All you need to do is diced your apples, add the spices and turn on your crock pot.
- Pumpkin Cake Supreme
Autumn is the perfect time to bake a lot of goodies from your years harvest. Pumpkins is one of the most favorite things to work with because you can use it for desserts or savory dishes.
- Chocolate Cookies with a Twist
You can still have sweets if eaten in moderation, all you have to do is a little tweaking to the recipe, be decipline and only have a little. Depriving yourself can cause harm and break your goal.
- WhiteOak's Halloween Goodies
There is nothing more enjoyable to bring out the
More by this Author
When cooler weather sets in, we drink a lot more hot beverages, like coco, coffee, and tea. We often crave that little extra something to go with it. Cookies are the answer. Here is my recipe.
There is nothing more enjoyable to bring out the "Spooky Halloween" traditions then cooking healthy food with spooky, creepy halloween themed names. Take a look and see what I mean.
Although some people may find burning black candles wicked or evil, the truth is burning black candles helps to absorb any negativity that may be lingering in your home. After smudging your home with sage and...