Blueberry Breakfast Bread
What's For Breakfast?
This recipe is a happy accident. I was looking in the cabinet wondering what to cook for breakfast. I noticed we had an envelope of muffin mix. But those mixes only make about six muffins, maybe, and I was looking to feed a few more than that. I added serveral ingredients with the muffin mix and was delighted with the end result. This is one recipe that will be used over and again in my kitchen. I hope it will be in your kitchen, too.
- 1 package apple cinnamon muffin mix, Bran muffin mix will also work.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup dry oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed, Strawberries work also.
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries, Or both.
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces, Or both.
- Mix muffin mix, dry oats, cinnamon, flour, and sugar. Add eggs. Mix well. Add milk. Stir together. Add blueberries and raisins and nuts. Fold in. Spoon into an eight inch square baking pan. I used a glass baking pan. Bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately forty minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. After you get this out of the oven, brush with butter for a nice golden brown finish.
- This is awesome served hot and slathered with butter. Or this tastes great with cream cheese spread on a piece. This also tastes great without any embellishment. This blueberry breakfast bread is a great companion to scrambled eggs and bacon. This breakfast bread is a welcome addition to brunch at a friend's house. It also makes a nice dessert.
|Serving size: 2" square|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|Sodium 54 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
A tribute to my daddy for his birthday honoring his devotion to God and the lessons he continues to teach us, sometimes without words.
This open letter is to anyone living with someone who is using and abusing drugs or alcohol. I know and understand what you are going through. I hope my words offer some hope and encouragement for you.
Delicious recipes for a summertime favorite - homemade ice cream. This article also contains recipes for ice cream cakes and sherbert.