How to Make Basic Blueberry Dump Cake: Dessert Recipe
Baking an apple dump cake is easy and inexpensive. This dessert takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and only needs about 25 minutes to bake.
Blueberry Dump Cake
Dump cakes are a fun and easy dessert. You can prepare a dump cake in just over 25 minutes. This recipe is easy for kids to make too. You simply dump the ingredients in, bake and you're done!
Dump cake variations are simple. Simply choose a different pie filling. The following fruits make for a wonderful dump cakes:
Just follow the easy recipe directions below. Either read along or just follow the picture tutorial.
- cooking spray, butter flavor
- one box yellow cake mix
- Two 21oz. cans blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- one 9 x 9 glass baking dish
Photo Tutorial: How to Make a Blueberry Dump CakeClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray inside of baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray. Be sure to evenly spray the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
- Pour the two 21oz. cans of blueberry pie filling into the baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Evenly sprinkle half a carton of dry yellow cake mix over the pie filling. Smooth over the filling with the back of a spoon. Taking care to only use light pressure.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar over the cake mix. Spread evenly.
- Evenly cover the mixture with thin slices of unsalted butter.
- Insert the baking dish into the oven and bake until golden brown. Baking times will vary. Usually bakes in 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Warm Blueberry Dump Cake tastes fantastic topped with a scoop of good ol' fashion vanilla ice cream.
Blueberry Recipes on HubPages
A simple, light and delicious cake that will satisfy your craving for sweetness without all the added calories. A versatile cake that can be made with blueberries or any other kind of fruit.
Scones are an often neglected quick bread you can grab for breakfast or a snack. The addition of dried blueberries makes for intense flavor and chewy texture.
Blueberries are a wonderful fruit full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Its health benefits are amazingly beneficial.
All of MissOlive's hubs are authored by, Marisa Hammond Olivares
All rights reserved
More by this Author
This is a very easy dessert recipe for chocolate ice cream pie. Variation options available.
Baking an apple dump cake is a very easy and inexpensive treat. This dessert takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and only needs about 25 minutes to bake. This is perfect for last minute desserts and can be topped off...
Natural vasodilators. The nitrates and minerals in certain foods lower blood pressure. The foods that show the most effective results are high in potassium, magnesium, nitrates and calcium. Read for a food list of foods...