After falling in love with our Crock Pot and using it for countless bowls of beef chili, we decided it was time to branch out. I'm a big fan of pasts with meat sauces, so when Katie proposed fettuccine with bolognese sauce prepared in the crock pot, I couldn't say no. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did! The only change I'd suggest is to try to use non-lean pork if possible. Ours was extremely lead, and therefore tasted a bit dry. Or, if your local marked doesn't have veal, we'd suggest making up the difference with more ground beef rather than more pork. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb fresh pappardelle or fettuccine
- parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Added the onion & celery and cook until soft. (about 5 minutes)
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add all of the meat and cook until no longer pink. (about 5 minutes)
- Add the wine and cook until it has almost entirely evaporated (2-3 min)
- Add beef broth, tomato paste and parsley, and season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer it all to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve on your pasta of choice, and add Parmesan cheese to taste.
No comments yet.