Boneless Pork Loin on Rotisserie
Full Meal Cooking
Why Use the Rotisserie?
There are many good reasons to cook pork loin or any other meat on a rotisserie, whether it is on an outside grill or on an indoor rotisserie. Pork loin is a favorite cut of meat for our family. The rotisserie method of cooking will seal in the juices and it drains off all the fat. For instance, if you are cooking a chicken (another favorite), about 1/4 cup of animal fat drops off a 4 pound chicken. Using a rotisserie gives you a wide selection of meats and vegetables. We are able to cook a 15 pound turkey for 12 minutes per pound. Our rotisserie also has six metal kebob skewers and there is a wide variety of meals possible using them. Another advantage of using a rotisserie is the meat or fish browns evenly.
This is a great recipe for Sunday dinner or for company. You can prepare the easy recipe ahead of time and enjoy time chatting with your company, rather than standing in the kitchen.
Pork Loin Cooked with Rotisserie
Pork Ready for Rotisserie
- 1 Boneless roast pork loin, 2-4 lbs.
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, Cut in half
- To taste Seasoning Salt
- Light Sprinkling Gralic Powder
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- Prepare your pork roast by rinsing under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Use a sharp knife and make 4 deep slits into the meat, 2 slits evenly on each side and push a piece of fresh garlic down deep into the meat.
- Tie your roast firmly together with household string if necessary to make sure that it holds together as it cooks and rotates.
- Move your pork roast to a working surface and season the entire roast generously with season salt, garlic powder and thyme.
- Use your hands and rub the seasonings deep into the roast over and over until you can no longer feel the grittiness of the seasoning and the thyme leaves appear to be evenly spread throughout the roast.
- Fit the pork roast snugly onto the rotisserie rod as dead center as possible.
- Calculate the weight of your roast by at least 20 minutes per pound or when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not overcook or the meat will be dry.
- Carefully remove your roast from the rotisserie, of the rod and onto a serving platter.
- Let the meat stand undisturbed for 5-10 minutes and then carve the meat as usual.
Nutrition per Serving - Usually 4 Servings
|Serving size: 1 g.|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 26 g||52%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Steamed Vegetables on Top of Rptisseris
We are fortunate to have a steamer on the top of our rotisserie, so we steamed potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and onions for this meal. Essentially everything is cooked in one spot, which certainly makes clean-up a lot easier.
Pork Ready to Serve
Cha shao (roast pork)
Cha shao (roast pork)
This unique recipe is served as a main dish, but can also be served as a first course, or chopped up and used as a filling for hot dumplings.
- 3 1/2 pounds pork loin
- 6 tbsp. honey
For the sauce:
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp. ginger juice
- Pinch of red food coloring or 1 tsp. liquid food coloring
- Remove the bone in the pork loin, then prick the meat with the point of a sharp knife.
- Cut into slices 1 1/2" thick.
- Mix the sauce ingredients with the red food coloring and sprinkle over meat. Let marinate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Thread one end of each strip of meat onto a metal skewer. Suspend the pieces of meat from the top rack of the oven. The meat will hang through the rack, while the skewer rests across the rungs.
- Leave the meat to hang and dry for 45 minutes.
- Roast the meat in the oven on 350° for 20-25 minutes, basting from time to time with some of the honey.
- When the pork is almost done, brush with the remaining honey and let it dry.
- Serve the meat hot or cold, according to your preference.
There are certainly many recipes you can cook right in your home with a rotisserie. Most any meat, game or seafood can be cooked in this manner, plus steaming vegetables on the top is a nice advantage. Of course, all of the foods can also be cooked on an outside grill if you have the rotisserie attachment.
The second recipe is a unique Cantonese recipe that is worth a try to have pork cooked in a different way. The skewers could also be hung in some rotisseries, like mine, as it has 6 skewers.
I hope you enjoy a variety of good food!
Some of my Favorite Recipes
- Chicken Marinade - Easy Chicken Recipes
This recipe article has two recipes, one for marinaded chicken breast, grilled and sliced. The other if for an easy chicken salad. Both are delicious, easy recipes.
- Natural Peanut Butter Pie
This article contains the easy recipe for Natural Peanut Butter Pie, which is low calorie. There is also historical information on peanuts.
- Easiest and Best Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Easy recipes for the best chicken pot pie, cheese biscuits and chicken tetrazzine, and a pecan praline cake for dessert.
- Healthy Snacks - Trail Mix Recipe
Healthy snacks are important and can be tasty. Easy recipes for trail mix are featured in this article.
- Quick Dinner with Kielbasa and Vegetables
This article uses three easy recipes for kielbasa recipes. Polish kielbasa has many wonderful recipes for casseroles, sandwiches and soups.
© 2012 Pamela Oglesby
More by this Author
This article has several side dish, easy recipes that can match your entree. The recipes include sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, pineapple casserole and more.
This is a wonderful meal with the perfect recipe for cooking prime rib with the best seasonings. There is also a recipe for garlic mashed red potatoes.
Tibetan Monks developed Acupressure at least 5000 thousand of years ago. This is the most popular method for treating pain and pressure in the world. Acupressure points are shown and methods explained.