Book Review: The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis
Are you a fan of martinis? Are you looking for a resource for delicious martini recipe ideas? If so, you’re sure to love The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis .
About The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis
Published by the Penguin Group, the publishing house behind the well-known Complete Idiot’s Guide series, The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis is a handy resource for anyone who wants a one-stop resource for tasty cocktail recipes that anyone can make at home quickly and easily.
When you read The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis , you’ll learn how to make many different varieties of martini cocktails, ranging from traditional olive-based savory beverages through all kinds of decadent, sweet concoctions.
The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis features 180 different recipes for martinis, so when you read it you’ll learn how to make some of your long-time favorites as well as get ideas for creative cocktails that you’ve probably never even heard of and certainly haven’t tried.
Whether you want to make a batch of Cosmopolitans to enjoy during a girls’ night gathering or if you’re watching your collection of Sex and the City DVDs or if you want to create a New Orleans Martini to enjoy during the Mardi Gras season, you’re sure to find a recipe that will work perfectly for your needs in this book.
Recipe Examples from the Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis
A few of the most interesting and flavorful cocktail recipes you’ll find in The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis include:
- Jalapeno Martini (this savory combination of vodka, vermouth, jalapeno peppers and garlic is a great choice for those who enjoy hot and spicy cocktails)
- Shark Attack Martini (if you have friends over to watch jaws or if you’re hosting a gathering at the beach, consider serving this cocktail made from vodka, rum and grenadine)
- Crimson Tide Martini (enjoy this mixture of rum, apricot brandy, lime juice, guava juice and simple syrup the next time you host luau or a University of Alabama football party)
- Cherry Pie Martini (if you want a beverage that’s part cocktail and part dessert, consider making this sweet treat that contains vodka, brandy, cherry brandy and top it off with a fresh cherry)
- Many, many other tasty choices for all types of occasions
Great Gift Idea for Yourself or a Friend
The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Martinis is a great book for anyone who enjoys making flavorful cocktails at home, either for entertaining purposes or for personal consumption. It’s also a terrific gift idea for anyone on your holiday shopping list who is a fan of flavorful cocktails.
Special thanks to The Penguin Group for providing me with an opportunity to review this book.
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...