Bottle gourd (gheeya) kofta curry
- 1 cup bottle gourd, gratted
- 1/2 cup gram flour(besan
- 1 cup oil, to fry the koftas
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Red chili
- 1 pinch hing(Asafoetida)
- 2 ping ajwain
- Ingredients to make curry
- one cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil, to shallow fry the onions,tomatoes ,garlic and ginger.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala(hot spices)
- Method to make koftas mix grated bottle gourd and besan in a bowl,add salt to taste ,add half tsp red chilly powder,2 pinch of ajwain and 1 pinch of hing
- Heat the oil and fry the kofta balls till golden brown on medium flame,keep them aside till the curry is ready
- Fry onion, ginger, garlic and then add tomatoes. Stir fry everything till the oil is released ,Cool and beat in a mixer,pour the mixture in the pan and add all the masalas(spices) and a bay leaf .Sprinkle some water and let it simmer till the oil is released,now put 2 cups of water and make the curry on the medium flame ,add the koftas bring it to a boil and put off the flame ,Pour the kofta curry in a bowl sprinkle chopped coriander over it and serve.You may dash it with fresh cream(optional). Eat this with fresh phulkas/roti.
Yummy kofta curry
More by this Author
You may not know that someone stutters or stammers until you have communicated to that person for a certain length of time Short conversation sometimes helps a person to disguise the problem of stammering.
Gain height according to age,so that people who want to put up height can help themselves.
This article lists the ways to prevent and treat dark spots on the skin due to sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and melasma.
No comments yet.