Braised Spinach with Pancetta and Gorgonzola
Pork, stinky cheese, garlic and greens - in other words, the most delicious side vegetable you'll ever taste! This dish takes just minutes to prepare, explodes with flavor, goes great with just about any dish and will impress the heck out of your dinner guests!
- 1 bag cleaned spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup small-diced pancetta *
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
* Bacon can be subsituted for pancetta
In a large saute pan or wok, melt the butter and add the pancetta and saute until crisp. Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic starts to turn golden brown. Immediately add the spinach and remove from heat. Give the spinach a good stir in the pan until it starts to wilt. You only want it to wilt and not cook down completely into a soggy mushy mess. Toss in the crumbled gorgonzola and serve immediately... now wasn't that easy? Enjoy!
Be sure to visit some of my other great recipe hubs!
- How to make Perfect Hollandaise - Great on Eggs Benedict, Asparagus and Poached Salmon, this recipe includes helpful videos and tips to assure you success!
- How to make Perfect Demi-Glace - This is a great hub if you've ever wanted to make Demi-Glace at home. This easy to follow recipe is based on the classic Escoffier recipe taught to students throughout the world at Cordon Bleu certified schools.
- How to make Perfect Pesto - Who doesn't love Pesto? Here's a recipe you can make at home in your blender or food processor in a matter of minutes! This hub also talks about the benefits of using a Mortar & Pestle, and provides handy links to shop for the right one.
- Steamed Mussels in Garlic Saffron Broth - Truly, one of my favorite recipes. Mussels were one of the first things I ever learned how to cook, and this recipe was perfected over decades of experimenting with freshly caught Pacific Black Mussels.
- How to make Perfect Meatballs - Try this authentic Sicilian recipe the next time you're in the mood for meatballs! This hub also includes some great tips for avoiding dried-out meatballs, and links to some great Italian cookbooks. Salud!
- Cream of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup - One of my signature soups. This recipe can be served hot or cold, and is sure to be the best squash soup you'll ever taste!
- Creamy Champagne Viniagrette - This easy to make viniagrette goes great as a dressing or a marinade, and is needed to make the Perfect Portobello Mushroom Appetizer. I gaurantee you'll love this one!
- Chef Delaney's Perfect BBQ Spice Rub - Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but here's my secret spice rub recipe. Alright, I guess you can tell your friends and family... but that's it! This rub goes great on anything you want to throw on the grill and is easy to make. Try this on ribs with my famous Smoked Peach and Chipotle BBQ Sauce and be prepared to be impressed!
- Smoked Peach and Chipotle BBQ Sauce - Another Chef Delaney signature recipe, this sauce combines sweet, spicy and smoky flavors in perfect harmony to create a grilling sauce with just the right amount of stickiness, and a one of a kind flavor that will boost you from Backyard Chef to Grill-Master in no time!
Comments 5 comments
Also be sure to visit Chef Delaney's Online Kitchen Supply Store for the best deals on the best products!
More by this Author
Psychological egoism is the view that humans are always motivated by rational self interest, even in what seem to be acts of altruism. This can be defined by either ethical egoism (the view that the individual should...
Ingredients 1 lb. Ground Beef 1/4 lb. Ground Pork* 1/4 lb. Ground Veal* 3 Whole Eggs 1/4 Cup Unseasoned Bread Crumbs 1/2 Cup Finely Diced White Onion 3 Cloves Minced Garlic 2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh...
Let's admit it. Work can be rather... boring? It sure can! We've all suffered the doldrums of cubicle hell, but I present to you here a sure-fire list of things you can do to "liven up" your place of...