Breakfast Recipe: Leek Omelet
When it comes to breakfast omelets are a very popular dish around the world. With so many ingredients that can be added inside an omelet there are endless varieties of omelets that can be prepared. One such ingredient is leek.
If you love leek you will enjoy this delicious leek omelet recipe. Very few ingredients and a short amount of time is all that's required to prepare this breakfast dish.
Once you prepare this leek omelet you can enjoy it by itself or you can eat it with toasted bread and slices of your favorite salami. You can even add a pickle, a tomato, or some radishes on the side. No matter how you eat your omelet you are going to love it either way. So far, everyone that tried it loved it.
Leek Omelet Ingredients
- Bunch Leek
- 2 Eggs
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Basil
- Canola Oil or other cooking oil
- Cut leek in half separating the green part from the white. Then cut the white part of the leek vertically. Separate each stalk (green and white) and cut into slices. Then place the leek into a colander (or a bowl) and thoroughly wash under running water. Make sure no dirt or sand is left on the leek.
- Put a skillet on medium heat and add canola oil (or other cooking oil). Once the skillet is heated add the sliced leek and fry for about eight minutes.
- While the leek is cooking crack two eggs into a bowl, add salt if desired, and beat. When the leek is done cooking pour the beaten egg onto the skillet. Cook for a few minutes and then flip the contents on the other side. You can also just turn everything with a spatula. Once about four minutes passes or you see that the omelet is done turn off the heat and remove the omelet onto a plate.
- Garnish the omelet with dried basil and some dried cranberries. You can now enjoy your leek omelet.
Here are some pictures of the leek omelet recipe...
Separating Leek Into Stalks
Cutting Leek Into Slices
Cooking Leek With Beaten Egg On A Skillet
- Health Benefits and Culinary Uses of Avocado
Avocados are exotic fruits that have many health benefits and are widely used in salads, sandwiches, and other recipes.
Variations of the Leek Omelet
When you are making your leek omelet you can always add other ingredients to the dish. You can add tomatoes, peppers, avocado, and even grated cheese. You can add whatever your taste buds desire at the moment. Just make sure to not forget the leek...
What I love to do is mash an avocado in a bowl and then crack an egg or two onto the avocado and beat everything well and then pour it onto the fried leek and cook. Sometimes I even add dried cranberries to the egg/avocado mixture as well before cooking instead of just garnishing with the dried cranberries when the omelet is done. Doing so brings out more flavor in the omelet.
Besides leek what are some of your favorite ingredients to put inside an omelet? Please share them in the comments below.
More by this Author
With many varieties of omelet recipes you can make there is always something different to try. Here's a healthy and delicious omelet recipe - Omelet with Bok Choy in Teriyaki Sauce. Enjoy!
Here's a quick and easy recipe - avocado omelet with dried cranberries. It is both delicious and nutritious.
Here is a list of useful Microsoft Word shortcuts that will save you valuable time and are easy to use. Save this list for future reference. It will come in handy.