Best Breakfast Food, Rustic Gourmet Ham and Eggs Recipe
What Is Top Chef
It is a cooking contest presented by the Bravo network. It embodies the superior skills and techniques of several competitors during the series programming. As the Chefs compete, new and creative recipes (like this Ham and Egg Bundle On Rustic Toast recipe) as well as flavors are discovered simply by virtue of time restraints and restrictive ingredient options. Once-in-a-while, a real bit of art is developed through sheer will and perseverance by a contestant chef, and this is where I am taking you today.
A Top Chef Challenge
As the sun beats down on the TOP CHEF contestants while they stand on a beach located on the western shore in Los Angeles, California, the Season Two Chefs are given a breakfast challenge; to make a gourmet breakfast fit for professional surfers as they exit the water when taking a much needed nutrition break from their dance on the waves. Chef contestant 'Betty Fraser' rises to the occasion creating this outstanding Ham and Egg Bundle that is delightful. She manages to transform a challenging beach contest into a well seasoned and tasty winning dish! I hope you enjoy this wonderful piece of culinary wisdom as much as I have.
Classy Rustic Breakfast Recipe
This recipe is for those special mornings or events where you are looking for something very unique and worth the effort to prepare. This Ham and Egg Bundle breakfast recipe will dazzle your diners and make you feel like a gourmet all the way! Roll up your sleeves and dust off the counter top, you are about to embark on a truly fabulous culinary experience; enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Ham and Egg Bundle Recipe
What you will need
- 2 tablespoon thin sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 leek, clean thoroughly the white and light green portion and slice into 1/8 inch pieces (deep green portion is cut into long strips to use as a tie for the bundle)
- 10 button (or baby portobello) mushrooms rough chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh corn
- 6 tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- Dozen large eggs
- 12 thinly sliced pieces of ham
- 1/2 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- Basil oil
- 3 tablespoons chives (used as garnish)
- 12 slices rustic (toasted) bread
Gail Simmons TOP CHEF Judge - 20 second tip for crushing whole nuts
Rustic Ham and Eggs on Rustic Toast
Keeping Organized In The Kitchen
Now that you have gathered the ingredients required to construct the breakfast-beach-bingo recipe from Chef Betty's TOP CHEF arsenal, you want to consider arranging things so you remain organized and prepared. You will need to read through the recipe all of the way before beginning any of the cooking processes. This will give you an advantage in staying focused and on task.
The Ham and Egg Bundle on Rustic Toast recipe has several layers of flavor; you will be constructing a few specialized ingredients yourself to complete this ham and egg recipe, just like gourmet chefs do . It isn't nearly as difficult as it seems and the resulting dish is so amazing, you will want to serve this recipe time and time again!
More culinary wisdom to delight your taste buds!
What You Think Really Does Matter!
Are you a Top Chef fan?See results without voting
Making a Rustic Breakfast
- Combine basil, oil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and set aside,
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the sliced light-colored portion of the leek, mushrooms and corn. Cook until tender (about 7 minutes). Transfer the mixture from the skillet to a medium bowl (limit the amount of liquid transferred from the mixture) . Set aside and keep warm.
- Boil the strips of leek (dark green) for about 2 minutes in a small pan, until pliable. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat in a medium pan, about 1 minute on each side. Promptly remove from heat.
- Whisk one dozen eggs with salt and pepper thoroughly, until eggs become frothy.
- In another skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add the whisked eggs and cook for about 7 minutes, folding eggs frequently from center to outer edge, until cooked through. Add cheese to eggs and mix to melt cheese. Remove from heat.
- Lay the ham in a single layer on a clean work surface, with a leek tie under each piece (this is the boiled dark green portion of the leek). Make sure the tie is long enough to tie the finished bundle. Portion the egg mixture evenly on the ham slices. Add the mushroom mixture over the eggs. Sprinkle basil oil lightly over the open bundle and garnish with the chopped chives. Roll-up the ham around the filling and carefully tie each roll with the leek tie. Put a slice of toast on a plate. Top it with the tomato slices and then the ham and egg bundle on top of that. Serve your Ham and Egg Bundle on Rustic Toast warm along with juice and coffee.
TOP CHEF Betty Fraser
Top Chef Betty Fraser
At 44 years young, Betty Fraser is the owner of Grub Restaurant and As You Like It Catering in Hollywood. Originally from the great city of San Francisco, today she lives in Los Angeles, California. Two of her most admired chefs are Jamie Oliver and the beautiful Nigella Lawson who inspired her 10 years ago to enter into the business of cuisine. When she became one of the contestants on Bravo's reality series TOP CHEF, her signature dish was chai rubbed lamb chops with homemade tomato chutney over black pistachio rice. Following her stint on the hot series, she has expanded her menu and her business' making them both (Grub Restaurant and As You Like It Catering ) among the most popular food endeavors in southern California.
More by this Author
Very simple cheese chip recipe anyone can make. With this Easy crispy cheese recipe you will be munching on salty, crispy, and cheesy cheese crisps In just minutes. Just as good as any fried cheese only with less...
Creamy Molten Cheese Balls, and Feather Light Clam Fritters! Two NEW and delightfully yummy, yet simple Thanksgiving appetizers using Bisquick. These are very quick, easy to prep, and taste really good.
The most common people foods are the most deadly to your dog. This list surprises even the most knowledgeable of dog people.