Brown Sugar Topped Meatloaf with Ketchup
Rate this meatload recipe!
- 1 1/2 Lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 C saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. I placed two slices of bread in the bottom of the pan to absorb the grease.
- Mix all ingredients except the brown sugar and ketchup in a large bowl. Shape into a loaf and place in the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the loaf and drizzle ketchup on top of the sugar. Bake for an hour to an hour and thirty minutes until juices are clear and ketchup/sugar is carmelized. You can also broil for 5-6 minutes to get a brown, crunchy top. Serve with tossed salad and roasted potatoes for an easy dinner.
More by this Author
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...