Brownie Pop Ideas
Wilton Brownie Pops
If you are into baking, event planning, or crafting, you certainly know that cake and brownie pops have been an up and coming trend over the past few years. And why not, these adorable little bite-sized treats are fun to eat and easy to make.
A few years ago, Wilton introduced their brownie pop silicone pan which makes baking and decorating a snap. In this hub, you'll find step-by-step instructions for using the Wilton brownie pan to create pops as well as a collection of photos that show some of the cutest designs we've seen on the internet.
The great thing about cake and brownie pops is that they can be decorated in any color scheme or theme. So if you want ghosts for Halloween, edible gifts to use as wedding favors, little Santas to send as chocolate covered brownie gifts for the holidays, think about making some of these bite sized morsels to share with friends, family and co-workers.
Decorating Ideas in Pictures
Making The Brownie Pops
Here are some step-by-step instructions and tips for creating the best brownie pops ever!
Tools You Need:
All of the designs shown to the right started with brownies baked in the Wilton Brownie Pop Molds so first and foremost, you should either go to Amazon, Michael's or another local craft or baking supply store to get these pans/molds. Please note that if you are making a standard box of store-bought brownies, it will make 24 pops so I recommend buying 3 of the pans so that you can bake them all at one time.
You'll also need:
- Box of Brownie Mix (I like Ghirardelli mixes the best)
- Eggs, Oil, and Whatever You Need To Mix Brownies According To Package Directions
- Pam Cookie Spray
- 6" or 8" lollipop or brownie pop sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Melting Chocolate (depends on design)
- Sprinkles, Nuts, Sugars (depends on design)
- Small 4" Treat Bags & Ribbon (if you are using as favors)
Brownie Making Instructions
- Mix the brownies according to the package directions and preheat oven to temperature indicated on the package.
- Spray the inside of the brownie pop molds with the cooking spray or use a paper towel with oil on it to thoroughly coat the inside of mold hole. You don't want your brownies to stick in the pan.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill each hole about 2/3 to 3/4 full of brownie batter. Alternatively, you can put all of your batter into a Ziploc bag, seal it, then cut a small hole in one corner. Then just squeeze the batter into each brownie pop hole in the mold.
- Place the molds on a baking sheet and bake according to package directions (about 30 minutes depending on the mix).
- Remove from oven and pat tops of brownies flat with a spoon or spatula if they are crooked.
- Cool the brownies completely IN THE PANS before trying to remove them. Otherwise they will crumble and break apart. You can put them in the refrigerator or freezer for quicker cooling if you are in a time crunch.
- Remove them from the pan and place them on parchment paper with the flat side down.
Turning Your Brownies into Pop Masterpieces
- Decide on the design you want to create. You can see from the images to the right, sometimes the lollipop sticks get stuck in the flat part of the brownie (e.g. the Princess Pops) and sometimes they get stuck in the rounded part of the brownie (e.g. the Ghost Pops). Therefore you need to choose a design before inserting the pop sticks.
- Insert the sticks into the end of the brownie as described above. Note that the sticks will stay in better if you first coat the tip in a little melted chocolate prior to inserting them (see the Youtube video for an example).
- As you can see on each of the photos shown to the right, I have included a link to the source so I suggest that you visit these websites to get step-by-step instructions for decorating the pops for the design that you like. In most cases, you'll be using Wilton candy melts to cover or dip the brownie pops and then put them back on the parchment paper. Various nuts, toffee bits, coconut, sprinkles, colored sugars and more can be used to decorate the freshly-dipped pops before placing them back on the parchment paper. To create ghost, cat, and pumpkin faces, you can use edible markers that are also available through Amazon.
- For parties, I suggest using the Wilton Pops 2 Tier Display Stand or a vase filled with jelly beans or other edibles to hold the pops. You can also just display them on decorative plates if the flat surface of the pop can sit down on the plate. Alternatively, if you plan to use these as edible wedding favors or birthday party favors, you can place each pop inside a cellophane treat bag and tie with a ribbon for an adorable presentation. No matter what kind of party you are hosting, these little brownie pops make fun dessert gift ideas that your guests can enjoy when they return home. They'll be thanking you the next day!
Which Brownie Pop Design Do You Like Best?See results without voting
How To Make Brownie Pops - Step by Step Video Instructions
More Yummy Brownie & Dessert Resources
- Halloween Brownie Pop Ideas
Brownie and cake pops are a big trend for parties so why not add a little fun to your Halloween party with these tasty and spooky treats!
- Edible Alternatives To Sending Flowers
Lots of yummy gift ideas that you can send to people for any occasion or reason.
- Easy Easter Cupcakes
Cute Easter cupcake designs just in time for the bunny!
- Halloween Cookie Ideas
Rather have cookies than brownies, check out these fun ideas for Halloween!
- Chocolate Mint Brownie Pops
If you want to experience a little bite of heaven, then don't delay in whipping up a batch of these decadently delicious chocolate mint brownie bites!
- Kicked Up Brownie Mix Recipes
Chocoholics like me go crazy for brownies. They are one of my favorite desserts so we have them often in our house.
More by this Author
Hosting a baby shower is a lot of fun! But you'll need a general idea to focus on. Here are some fun baby boy shower theme ideas to get you started!
Now days, there are plenty of other things to send to people instead of the traditional flowers. Even more so, you can send edible treats straight to their door! Here are some fun edible gift ideas.
Looking to host a baby shower with cheap games? You've come to the right place! Check out these budget-friendly baby shower game ideas and have a blast on the big day!