Where to Buy Organic Almonds Online - Bulk, Raw and Roasted
Organic almonds are a delicious and healthy addition to any diet. If you eat them a lot, you're probably wondering if there is any way to save money on them. The answer is yes, you can! Read on to find where to buy organic almonds online and find some great deals. Whether you're looking for raw or roasted or salted or unsalted, there are tons of options to help you save money on organic food. Also included in this article are some of the many health benefits of eating almonds as well as tips on storing almonds.
Benefits of Organic Almonds
- Organic almonds are free from pesticides and help promote a healthy lifestyle.
- A handful of almonds contains about 1/3 of the calcium of a cup of milk.
- Almonds can help lower your cholesterol naturally, when eaten as part of a healthy diet.
- Almonds are full of fiber and protein, making them a great healthy snack to keep you satiated until your next meal.
- Almonds contain vitamin e, potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron, copper and many more vitamins.
Tips for Storing Organic Almonds
- Buying in bulk helps you save a ton of money, but what to do with all of the extra almonds? You have several options.
- Find a few friends or family members who will split your bulk organic almond purchase with you.
- If this isn't an option, you can easily store your organic almonds in your freezer.
- I'd recommend storing almonds in your freezer, even if you don't have a lot. This is because freezing almonds helps to keep all the essential fatty acids that help lower your LDL (bad cholesterol) levels intact.
- Make almond butter! It's so easy - toast almonds in your oven and blend in a food processor. You shouldn't need to add oil, but you can if you feel you want a different consistency. Making your own organic almond butter can help you save a ton of money.
Organic Raw Almonds
These raw organic almonds found on Amazon.com are fantastic deals. I love how they are packaged in smaller containers, which help promote freshness! I prefer the Good Sense Organic's brand and love the deal I get from Amazon; three 6-ounce bags for $18.28. Plus, Amazon offers free shipping on orders of $25 or more, so if you find another product that you need and reach that total, you can get free shipping! I keep a bag in my car, one in my "snack drawer" and the other in my freezer until I am ready to use it.
Organic Roasted Almonds
Roasted organic almonds are such a treat. I personally feel that raw almonds are healthier due to the fact that their healthy fatty oils are more intact, however once in a while, I treat myself. Roasted almonds make fantastic homemade almond butter and are the salted kinds are one of my favorite snacks. It can be difficult to find organic roasted almonds, but Amazon does carry some quality brands. Check out some of the available options to the right. I love Maisie Jane's snack packs as I could probably eat an entire bag of roasted almonds, otherwise. Plus, Maisie Jane's snack packs are salt-free!
Read more free articles on healthy organic eating:
More by this Author
I am a huge frozen dinner fan. Would I prefer to eat them opposed to normal, freshly cooked meals? No, way. However, they are wonderful if you are in a pinch and there are some pretty healthy options out there. Frozen...
Let's face it - when it's hot and humid out, cooking something hot for lunch or dinner can seem totally unappealing. You still need to eat, so here are some great meal ideas for hot weather. No need to microwave or turn...
Find out the basics of weight loss.