Cajun Spice Recipe
I went to buy some Cajun Spice the other day and astounded by the expense of it I decided to look into making my own. There seems to be many different recipes for it, but I love the fact that you can vary depending on your tastes and preferences.
This Cajun Spice has Paprika, Onion Flakes, Oregano, Thyme, Salt, Peppercorns, Chilli Pepper, Garlic Sauce (you can also use powder).
I love, love the colours of the different spices and powders. Once mixed together I kept it a little rough around the edges, who wants perfectly proportioned particles!
It feels like alchemy weighing out all the different ingredients and then mixing together.
This spice was subsequently used to marinate some lovely chicken but you could easily put it on anything.
I am sure there are many different recipes for this, I would love to hear yours.
All Mixed Up
- 3tsps Paprika
- 3tsps Garlic Sauce, You can also use Garlic Powder
- 2tsps Onions Flakes, You can also use Onion Powder
- 2tsps Chilli Powder
- 2tsps Oregano
- 2tsps Thyme
- 2tsps Peppercorns
- Mix all dry ingredients together and crush a little
- If using Garlic Sauce - (best used when mix will be used straight away) add this after dry ingredients
- Rub into meats, fish, add to stews, how about Cajun chips - the options are endless. When not in use store in an airtight jar. Enjoy