Cambodian Dessert: Banana Cake (Easy to Make Recipe)
Hello. Just wanted to share another Cambodian dessert recipe. Why? Well, not only because it's easy -- but Cambodian New Years is nearing and I'd like to share a pretty good cake recipe. I'm no expert in cooking, but this recipe is easy and mostly anyone can do it. So here we go!
What's you'll need...
- 2 bananas. Make sure they're ripe, peeled, and mashed.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- 11/2cups of sugar.
- 1/2 stick of butter.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- 1/4 baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
What you're gonna do...
- Take a cake pan and grease it up with oil.
- Preheated the oven at 325 degrees.
- Mix the eggs with salt, butter, vanilla, sugar, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the banana, mix well, and add the flour. Mix it until it's smooth.
- Then you're gonna pour this mixture into the greased up pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. However, it varies -- depending on your oven. So just make sure you check it out so you don't overcook it.
And that's it.
This banana cake can be served cold or hot. I eat it with coffee, you can eat it with whatever you want. You can also apply icing and some Cambodians pour coconut sauce on top of it -- but I just like it plain.
Have fun. =]
The Jet signing out.
I also make films! :)
More by this Author
A location from PT Anderson's THERE WILL BE BLOOD. Starring Daniel Day-Lewis. reverseshot.com So. I was editing my latest short film last night in the wee hours and I noticed some shots lacked... something. It just...
Martin Scorsese. My biggest inspiration. So. When you have actors, you cannot picture these individuals as "tools" or another aspect or component in the movie you're making. Hell no. I know many aspiring...
"Sues'day." That means "hello" in Khmer (aka Cambodian) and since Cambodian New Years is right around the corner, I thought I'd share with you all on how to make one of my favorite Cambodian...