Cambodian Dessert: Sweet Rice Mango (Easy to Make Recipe)
"Sues'day." That means "hello" in Khmer (aka Cambodian) and since Cambodian New Years is right around the corner, I thought I'd share with you all on how to make one of my favorite Cambodian desserts; which is the easy to make -- but delicious -- sweet rice and mango. There's also some coconut sauce in there too and you should use steamed sweet rice.
Let's get started.
- 1 can of coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 1 cup of water.
- 2 cups of sweet rice. Jasmine sweet rice. They should be un-cooked for now.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 mango. Make sure it's ripe and you cut into bite-sized bits.
- 4oz of frozen coconut meat... or you could buy actual coconuts and shred it yourself. In fact, that's better... but it takes longer. Hahah.
And then... the COCONUT SAUCE:
- Go right on ahead and pour the coconut milk into a small saucepan.
- Simmer until it is thickened.
- Add the salt and sugar.
- Stir until the sugar melts and dissolves.
- Remove coconut sauce from the stove, set it aside and let it cool off.
And then... THE SWEET RICE:
- In a rice cooker, cook the rice with 1 cup of water until the rice is soft.
- Get a spatula in there and divide the rice up and then pour into a large bowl.
- Take the 1/2 of the coconut sauce and pour it into the bowl of cooked sweet rice.
- Stir well.
- Add the frozen or fresh coconut meat.
- Stir again.
- Put the sweet rice in a small bowl.
- Press down on the sweet rice with a big spoon. Pack it down.
- Put a plate on top of the rice bowl, turn it upside down, and leave it on the plate.
- Make a top opening in the middle of the sweet rice, fill it with mango.
- With the remaining coconut sauce, you can pour it all over the whole thing -- if you want.
- And you could also decorate more mango pieces on the side of the plates.
And that's all there is to it. Enjoy this healthy dessert... or it should be healthy. Haha. The Jet signing out.
Check out Mighty Mom's recipe for Apple Pie.
- Mighty Mom's Apple Pie Recipe
Baseball and apple pie. Two all-American classics that don't really go together -- until you add the third element of the time-honored trio: Motherhood! This recipe is for all you busy T-ball moms* out...
More by this Author
Martin Scorsese. My biggest inspiration. So. When you have actors, you cannot picture these individuals as "tools" or another aspect or component in the movie you're making. Hell no. I know many aspiring...
Angelina Jolie = epic actress. So. If you're making a movie, you definitely require actors. And not just any actors, actors who have TALENT. When I make my films, I involve people who are talented. They either act or...
antioxidant-fruits.com Hello. Just wanted to share another Cambodian dessert recipe. Why? Well, not only because it's easy -- but Cambodian New Years is nearing and I'd like to share a pretty good cake recipe. I'm no...