How To Make Pickled Vegetables In 24 Hours: Khmer Cambodian Southeast Asian Pickles Dressing Recipe
Overnight Pickled Vegetable Recipe
Pickled Vegetables make for a great treat! You can snack on them alone, or incorporate them as a side dish.
This recipe is easy to use and takes less than a half hour to prepare, but needs to sit overnight to marinate.
Unlike most pickled vegetables recipes, this recipe does not require you to go through a long pickling process; the vegetables are ready to eat in 24 hours and can be kept for up to 2 weeks if sealed and refrigerated properly.
So let's look at what Ingredients we need and follow the recipe:
Ingredients for 24-Hour Khmer Pickles
How To Prepare
Rice Vinegar (traditional) or White Vigar
1/2 Cup (125 ml)
Slice and Peel into Fine Strips
Peel and Slice into Fine Strips
Peel and Slice into Fine Strips
Peel but leave Whole
Bird's Eye Chili Peppers
Coriander Leaves (Cilantro)
Let's Look at the Recipe:
- Combine Vinegar, Salt and Sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat once boiling and set aside.
- Combine the Vegetables, Garlic, Coriander Leaves and Chili Peppers in a bowl.
- Pour the Vinegar Mixture over the Vegetables and allow to marinate overnight.
- Store your Pickled Vegetables in a glass (Mason) jar. Make sure you keep the cover tight to maintain a tight seal.
Cambodia Srok Khmer
More Cambodian Southeast Asian Recipes and Articles by, J.S.Matthew
- Cambodian Raw Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plate Recipe: Cooking the Khmer Way!
A healthy Raw Salad that can be eaten alone or as a side dish!
- Honey Glazed Chicken Recipe: The Khmer Southeast Asian Way!
A delicious Cambodian Honey Glazed Chicken dish your family and friends will thank you for!
- How To Speak Cambodian: An Introduction In To The Khmer Language
An Introduction to Reading and Writing Khmer: the language of Cambodia.
- Simple Authentic Cambodian Southeast Asian Dipping Sauce Recipes: Cooking The Khmer Way!
Delicious Khmer Dipping Sauces!
- Authentic Cambodian Food: Basics of Khmer Ingredients: With Recipes in a Series
The Basic Ingredients in Cambodian and Southeast Asian Cuisine.
- Khmer Curry Recipes: Basic Curry Paste, Chicken Curry, Traditional Khmer Curry, and Tangy Ham and Ve
Cambodian Khmer Authentic Curry Recipes.
- I Am So In Love With My Wife! A Short Essay On Karma and Relationships
The story of me and my Beautiful Cambodian wife!
- Cambodia: Srok (sroc) Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Siem Reap In Cambodian Culture
A Journey into Cambodia with Original Photos.
More by this Author
One of the most common foods found in Cambodian and many other Southeast Asian homes, that are easy to make and inexpensive, are Dipping Sauces which are shared with friends over a great conversation!
One of the most enjoyed dishes in Cambodia, Southeast Asia, India and all over the world, is Curry. Curry has a very distinct aroma and taste. You can season Pork, Chicken, Beef, or Lamb with Curry, and these recipes...
Blogmutt is a site that allows you to earn $8.00 for writing specific, quality 300-350 word blog posts for their clients. This is a legitimate site and you can earn money very quickly.