How To Make Pickled Vegetables In 24 Hours: Khmer Cambodian Southeast Asian Pickles Dressing Recipe
Overnight Pickled Vegetable Recipe
Pickled Vegetables make for a great treat! You can snack on them alone, or incorporate them as a side dish.
This recipe is easy to use and takes less than a half hour to prepare, but needs to sit overnight to marinate.
Unlike most pickled vegetables recipes, this recipe does not require you to go through a long pickling process; the vegetables are ready to eat in 24 hours and can be kept for up to 2 weeks if sealed and refrigerated properly.
So let's look at what Ingredients we need and follow the recipe:
Ingredients for 24-Hour Khmer Pickles
How To Prepare
Rice Vinegar (traditional) or White Vigar
1/2 Cup (125 ml)
Slice and Peel into Fine Strips
Peel and Slice into Fine Strips
Peel and Slice into Fine Strips
Peel but leave Whole
Bird's Eye Chili Peppers
Coriander Leaves (Cilantro)
Let's Look at the Recipe:
- Combine Vinegar, Salt and Sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat once boiling and set aside.
- Combine the Vegetables, Garlic, Coriander Leaves and Chili Peppers in a bowl.
- Pour the Vinegar Mixture over the Vegetables and allow to marinate overnight.
- Store your Pickled Vegetables in a glass (Mason) jar. Make sure you keep the cover tight to maintain a tight seal.
Cambodia Srok Khmer
More Cambodian Southeast Asian Recipes and Articles by, J.S.Matthew
- Cambodian Raw Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plate Recipe: Cooking the Khmer Way!
A healthy Raw Salad that can be eaten alone or as a side dish!
- Honey Glazed Chicken Recipe: The Khmer Southeast Asian Way!
A delicious Cambodian Honey Glazed Chicken dish your family and friends will thank you for!
- How To Speak Cambodian: An Introduction In To The Khmer Language
An Introduction to Reading and Writing Khmer: the language of Cambodia.
- Simple Authentic Cambodian Southeast Asian Dipping Sauce Recipes: Cooking The Khmer Way!
Delicious Khmer Dipping Sauces!
- Authentic Cambodian Food: Basics of Khmer Ingredients: With Recipes in a Series
The Basic Ingredients in Cambodian and Southeast Asian Cuisine.
- Khmer Curry Recipes: Basic Curry Paste, Chicken Curry, Traditional Khmer Curry, and Tangy Ham and Ve
Cambodian Khmer Authentic Curry Recipes.
- I Am So In Love With My Wife! A Short Essay On Karma and Relationships
The story of me and my Beautiful Cambodian wife!
- Cambodia: Srok (sroc) Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Siem Reap In Cambodian Culture
A Journey into Cambodia with Original Photos.
More by this Author
This article is a collection of Southeast Asian Cambodian (Khmer) Recipes. These recipes are delicious, healthy and easy to make!
Green Papaya Salad is a popular dish throughout Southeast Asia. Since Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam have a very hot and humid climate, salads are often eaten as a light meal.
- 32What's Inside a Plumber's Tool Box? Photos of Plumbing Tools List and Materials Needed to Get The Job Done!
This is a Photographic List of the most common tools used in the plumbing field. The article includes detailed descriptions of each tool and for their uses. This is a great article for someone who is interested in...