Raw Vegetables With Fruit and Herbs Dressing: A Spicy Cambodian Khmer Salad Recipe
Fresh Green Mangoes
- Prep time: 45 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: Serves 2 or more depending on amount of ingredient
This dish is very popular in Cambodia and Southeast Asia.
It can be eaten alone as a snack or salad, or can be used as a side dish to accompany a larger meal, particularly with Roasted or Grilled Meat.
This Recipe combines Raw Vegetables and Fruit with a selection of Fine Herbs and Spices. It is also a healthy dish because of the Ingredients used.
The table below offers some of the most commonly used ingredients but other Vegetables such as Celery, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Green Onions (Scallions), Chicory, Fresh Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) and Mint can be mixed and matched to your desire.
You will have to determine how much of each ingredient and which ingredients to use in relation to the number of people you are preparing for.
This is a mix-and-match recipe; you can use what you like! Think as if you were making a regular Garden Salad and apply what you normally would for such a salad.
Your are the chef! Get creative!
Let's look at the Ingredients:
- *use enough for the amount of people being served: Fresh Lettuce Leaves, Rinse and Slice (finely chopped cabbage can be used as substitute)
- Bitter Khmer Leaves, Blanched, Chilled and Sliced (Sorrel Leves can be used as substitute)
- Thai Basil Leaves
- Coriander (Cilantro) Leaves, (Sawtooth Herb can be used as substitute)
- Fresh Cucumbers, Sliced
- Fresh Green Beans, Trim off tips
- Slender Asian Eggplants, Peel and Slice
- Green (Unripened) Tomatoes, Quartered
- Jicama (Bangkuang), Peel and Slice
- Green (Unripened) Papaya, Peel and Slice
- Green (Unripened) Mangoes, Peel and Slice
Preparing MangoesClick thumbnail to view full-size
- You will have to determine how much of each ingredient and which ingredients to use in relation to the number of people you are preparing for.
- This is a mix-and-match recipe; you can use what you like! Think as if you were making a regular Garden Salad and apply what you normally would for such a salad.
- Wash All Fresh Vegetables.
- Peel and Chop as directed in Ingredients Section.
- Arrange the Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs in an Attractive Fashion!
- Serve Fresh!
Rate This Healthy Recipe!
Once preparation is complete and you have washed, chopped and sliced everything, all you have to do is Arrange the Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs in an Attractive Fashion!
And it only took us a little more than a half hour to do this!
Go enjoy this dish aloone or commpliments it wit a main dish to create a delicious and Healthy Meal that your friends and family will enjoy!
Dow Yam! (Go Eat!)
Cambodia Srok Khmer
© 2011 JS Matthew
More by this Author
These Banana Sesame Fritters make a great snack whether for after school or after a meal. They are best accompanied by Home Made Coconut Ice Cream but can eaten alone as well! This would make a great appetizer or side...
- 8How To Cook Pot Roast In a Cast Iron Dutch Oven: Recipe Ingredients and Directions with Photo Review
Learn How to Cook and Make Traditional American Pot Roast. This recipe feeds 6-8 people and uses a Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Simple Ingredients and Preparation. Amaze your family with this classic dinner recipe!
Learn about cast iron cookware and its benefits and how to season, clean, and store it.