Candy Cane Souffle
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 12 candy canes, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- Dash salt
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional crushed candy canes, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add crushed candy canes. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in extract; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the egg whites and sugar. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until egg mixture reaches 160°, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add salt; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add reserved candy cane mixture; beat until slightly thickened. Fold in egg white mixture.
- Pour into a large glass dessert bowl or ten 6-ounce dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and crushed candy if desired.
|Serving size: 3/4 cup|
|Calories from Fat||234|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 26 g||40%|
|Saturated fat 16 g||80%|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 98 mg||33%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Home Page
No comments yet.