Amazing cheesecake recipe - carrot cheesecake
Carrot cheesecake sliced
Carrot cheesecake is my favorite type of cheesecake
I found an internet copycat recipe for Cheesecake Factory's delicious cheesecake and I gave it a try one day. The concept of it was so appealing to me because carrot cake and cheesecake are my very favorite types of cake. So far, I had only had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and cream cheese is a main ingredient of cheesecake. While the pairing of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is simply perfect, I had never thought to make a carrot cheesecake. When I discovered carrot cheesecake on the menu while sitting in a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, I ordered it right away and there has been no turning back. My new ultimate favorite type of cake is carrot cake and cheesecake combined - carrot cheesecake!
Below, I have modified the recipe to suit my taste. I make it with a lot less sugar. Here is the information and some pictures. Enjoy!
The original recipe was courtesy of CDKitchen.
What you will need:
- your oven
- a 9 inch steel cake pan
- a blender
- canola oil
- baking powder
- cream cheese
My recipe is without vanilla extract and coconut which the original recipe called for. I have made it with coconut in the past but decided to limit the ingredients that would need to be purchased from the grocery store. Now, when I make this cake, I use no coconut but I do use a full cup and a half of blended walnuts instead of just 1/2 cup.
The original recipe also called for a pineapple frosting on top of all. Pineapple juice, more cream cheese and sugar would be needed but I did not add frosting this time.
The cheesecake will be the top layer for my cake with no frosting on top but the original recipe calls for carrot cake as the top layer with this additionally sweet frosting on top. If you want a more professional looking cake, frosting is recommended.
As you can see in my photos below, the carrot layer of the cake batter does peak up out of the cheesecake layer a bit. If you would like to cover that look with frosting or make the carrot layer your top layer and cover with frosting, you can do so.
Steps for putting your ingredients together to make the carrot cheesecake
1. To make your blender run efficiently, always pour liquid in first. Pour 1/4 cup oil into blender and add 1 and a half cups of walnuts. Blend well on the chopping or grinding setting. Pour out into a bowl and set aside.
2. Pour 1/4 cup of oil into the blender again and add carrots that have been cut into smaller pieces. Blend well. Pour the mix on top of the walnut mix in the same bowl. Mix all together well.
Photos of the 9 inch round cake pan and the walnuts
3. To this mixture, add the following
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple (canned or fresh)
4. Mix all ingredients well with an electric hand mixer. This is your carrot cake batter. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, prepare your cheesecake batter.: Combine 16 ounces of cream cheese (softened), 3 eggs, 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour. Mix well. Beat with a whisk or electric hand mixer until smooth.
6. Pour 1/2 carrot cake batter into cake pan. Pour a very thin layer of cheesecake batter into the same cake pan directly on top. Pour remaining carrot cake batter on top of that and then all the remaining cheesecake batter as the final layer.
7. Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
8. After cooling, it can be cut and served straight from the pan.
Please rate this carrot cheesecake recipe
More by this Author
This article contains a modified recipe for the traditional Caribbean style sponge cake. It discusses how to make Caribbean sponge cake very simply. Enjoy this delicious dessert.
There's a multitude of cakes available in supermarkets and grocery stores (both in the frozen section and in the fresh bakery section) but what is the best carrot cake available? Here is my answer..
This hub discusses how to cook turkey wings with a slow cooker. This simple slow cooker recipe for turkey wings yields delicious results.