Cheater's Chicken Marsala
Do you love the flavor Marsala sauce adds to your chicken dishes? I do, but I hadn't had consistent success with making the sauce. I've found the answer. This is how I make Marsala sauce now whether I'm in a time crunch or not. I call it Cheater's Chicken Marsala. It's quick, easy, and delicious.
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into stew size pieces
- 1 large onion
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 4 packets brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Before you start, fill a pot with water for the noodles.
- Brown chicken in a non-stick skillet. Add a little oil, or water if you're trying for less fat.
- When Chicken is browned add sliced onions and mushrooms.
- Add noodles to boiling water.
- In a separate bowl mix 4 packets of gravy and replace one half cup of water with 1/2 cup Marsala wine.
- Remove excess liquid released from mushrooms, then add gravy mixture and cook until thickened.
- Drain noodles.
- Serve over bed of hot noodles.
More by this Author
Most people know basics of the history of Thanksgiving, but you may be surprised to learn that not everyone agrees when the first Thanksgiving was celebrated or even where it was celebrated.
Baby cockatiels grow from an inch-long hatchling to adult size in just six weeks. It takes 8-10 days for their eyes to open, but the color of their eyes...even closed eyes offer a clue as to the baby's future color.
If you want to build a bird cage, you need a plan, materials and one more thing...a knowledge of birds and their special needs.