Cheesecake for Diabetics
Guilt Free Cheesecake
Sugar Substitute Cheesecake with Cottage Cheese
This is a no cook cheesecake desert for diabetics or for those watching their sugar intake, yet still would like dessert.
1 1/2 Tablespoon melted margarine
6 Plain graham wafers (2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches each)
1 Tablespoon granulated gelatin
1/3 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon water
2 cups (16 oz) cream-style cottage cheese 4% fat
1/2 Tablespoon lemon extract
4 large strawberries
1. Spray and coat an 8" x 8" x 2" cake pan with vegetable pan-coating; set aside.
2. Use a rolling pin or glass to make fine crumbs, with graham crackers (1/2 cup) and mix thoroughly with the melted margarine; set aside.
3. Soak gelatin in cold water. Combine boiling water and lemon rind; add to gelatin; add lemon juice and sweetener, stirring until completely dissolved. Chill until it is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
4. Put 2 tablespoons water, cottage cheese, and lemon extract into a blender or food processor and cover; turn to high speed for 10-15 seconds. Add partially set gelatin mixture; turn to high speed 15 seconds or until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over top. Wash, hull, and dry strawberries, then slice in halves lengthwise. Arrange on top of cake so that, when cut into eight servings (4 by 2 inches), each will have a strawberry garnish in center.
Chill several hours, until set.
Note: Can substitute a lower fat cottage cheese. But won't be as creamy.
The copyright to this article is owned by Sandy Mertens (sandyspider). Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing. (You can, however, freely use the opening introduction and photo with a link to the article here on HubPages to read the remainder of the article.)
Recipes, Fitness and No Calorie Cake Gifts
- Recipes, Weight Loss and Exercise
Find a recipe information for main courses, deserts, coffee, slower cooker, cocktails and more. Then afterwards find info on nutrition and exercise. Have you ever wondered what it might be like to find the long lost Fountain of Youth?
- BEST REVIEW - TOP 5 CHEESECAKE RECIPES - CHEESECAKE, DESSERT RECIPES, PIE, FOOD, RECIPES, GUILT FREE
CLICK HERE TO READ Best Review - Top 5 Cheesecake Recipes, a Top Best Review by Sandyspider, posted on 12/22/2010 at BEST-REVIEWER.COM with the tags cheesecake, dessert recipes, pie, food, recipes, guilt free cheesecake, cheese for diabetics under th
- Sunshine Cheesecake
Cheese puts me in pure ecstasy. The days of the plain old cheesecake are gone. My favorite is cherry cheesecake. However, I like to try different recipes. Cheesecake comes in a variety of favors and styles. The Sunshine Cheesecake is made with whol
- Cake on Zazzle
Happy birthday, anniversary, baby shower, holiday, or any special day is the best time to have cake. Get your cake cards, refrigerator magnets, mousepads, keychains, cake buttons, aprons and even cake recipes like the 'Dump Cake' on Zazzle.
The Fight of the Cheeses
Cream Cheese Versus Cottage Cheese
Both cream cheese and cottage cheese are low in sugar. Cream cheese has 1 gram of sugar per serving size. Cottage cheese with 4% milk fat has 4 grams of sugar per serving size. A reduced milk fat cottage cheese will have less sugar carbohydrates.
There are 2 grams of protein in a serving of cream cheese and 13 grams of protein in cottage cheese with the 4% milk fat.
Cream cheese has 9 grams of total fat and 35mg of cholesterol. While cottage cheese with 4% milk fat has 5 grams of total fat and 20mg of cholesterol.
Some Recipe Hubs
- Provencale Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
Provenale is the French word for Provencal and the Provence region of southeastern France on the Mediterranean adjacent to Italy. Recipes from this region are very distinctive from the rest of French cuisine...
- Beef Sirloin a La Esterhazy
A traditional German recipe also known as Esterhazy Rostbraten. This recipe calls for sirloin to be medium rare on the inside. My preference is to make sure it is fully cooked. No meat will be mooing back at...
- German Bavarian Herb Soup
This is a German recipe. Bitter herbs are traditionally eaten at Easter in Christian countries as a sign of penitence. The German tradition is to serve Bavarian soup on Easter Thursday, known as Maundy...
- Bean and Onion Salad with Health Benefits
Ingredients: 1/4 cup apple juice 1/2 medium size onion, chopped 1 red onion, sliced 2 medium size carrots, chopped 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/3 cup vinegar 1/2 cup water 1 T sugar 1 T...
- Black Forest Coffee Recipe and More
Remember the day when you ordered a cup of coffee and that is just what it was. Fresh ground brewed coffee or if you weren't so lucky, instant coffee. Not that the taste of instant coffee is bad, but it...
- Chinese Chicken Breast with Garlic
Ingredients for chicken: 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves 1 Tablespoon cornstarch 1 Tablespoon white grape juice 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion 1/2 thinly sliced green or red pepper 1 egg...
- Cheddar and Ham Cheesecake
Often when you think of cheesecake, you think of dessert. There is nothing better than a creamy smooth rich Cherry Cheesecake. But what you might not know is cheesecake can be for breakfast too. OK, I...
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
Ingredients: 6 large bell peppers (green, red or yellow) 1 lb ground beef 1 small onion, finely diced 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon sage 1/2...
- Potato Casseroles
I love to cook. I am one of those cooks who often create her own recipe without even writing it down. This irritates people who would like a copy of one of my homemade recipes. Then I have to think the...
- Chicken Teriyaki
If you are into Japanese food, then this is a great tasting and easy to make recipe that your family will enjoy. It serves a family of four. I have had this recipe for years. The serving sizes are a little...
- Georgian Cheese Pastries
Ingredients for Pastry: 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup plus 2 T unsalted, not melted butter 1/4 cup cold water Ingredients for Cheese...
More by this Author
Do you burn up or begin hiccuping while eating jalapeno peppers? Then you may very well be allergic to these. The best way is to avoid the peppers altogether.