Cheesy Chicken Rice Mushroom Casserole
Yesterday, my wife mentioned that she was hungry for a casserole that was cheesy creamy, gooey. I asked her a couple questions about what she wanted to have in it. She wanted mushrooms for sure, and did she mention cheese?
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup medium grain rice
- 2 boxes cut Brocolli
- 1 pkg 3-4 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- Once I was home, I got out my 5 qt Marinex Casserole dish and sprayed it with cooking spray to help make clean up easy later. To make the casserole, I started by heating up the oven to 375F.
- I added to the dish 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder 1 can of mushroom pieces-drained 1 cup milk 1 1/2 cup water 1 1/4 cup of medium grain rice 2 boxes of cut Broccolli(You can use any frozen vegetable) I then stirred the ingredients up, and then added the chicken breasts to the top of the mixture.
- I put the casserole dish in the oven and cooked it for 55 minutes. Then I took the dish out of the oven, and put a few dollops of sour cream on top of the chicken, then I spread the cheddar cheese over the mixture and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes. I then removed it from the oven, and let it set a couple minutes before serving. Serve with a tossed salad or bread or your favorite side vegetable.
My wife loved it, and even though her appetite has not been good lately, she had seconds. This recipe will go into the regular rotation.
More by this Author
This is a simple way to add sweet and slightly spicy flavors to your slabs of ribs that frequently are on sale at the local market.
When I want good chili and I don't want to head to the restaurant for it, I make this at home. It really hits the spot on cold days.
Enjoy restaurant-quality steak at home using a cast-iron skillet.