Cheesy Spaghetti & Meatball Recipe - Cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker
Cheesy Meatballs and Spaghetti Rating with electric power pressure cooker
Photos of cooking Spaghetti and Meatballs with Electric Pressure CookerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Meatball and Sauce Ingredients
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. oilive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Meatball Ingredients -- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
Prepare the Meatball and the Tomato Sauce
- Add all meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix 2 large eggs, 1 cup of cubed Velveeta cheese, 1 cup bread crumbs, 3 cloves of garlic minced, 1 small onion minced, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper. Roll meatballs into desired size.
- Spray baking sheet with vegetable spray or line baking sheet with foil paper to keep meatballs from sticking to the pan.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees to sear for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the Sauce:
- Press the Chicken/meat button on the Power Cooker. Saute the onions, garlic in olive oil. Add 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup o water, 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped, 1 cup chopped mushrooms, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tbsp sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the seared meatballs to the Electric Pressure Cooker. Place the lid on the pressure cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure valve to closed.
- Press the Warm/Cancel button. Press the Soup/Stew button and press the time adjustment button to 20 minutes. Once the timer stops the cooker will switch to "Keep Warm". Using a pot holder release the pressure valve to open. When the steam is released you can remove the lid.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles and a salad. Serves 6
Cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker Is So Easy
This Cheesy Meatball recipe is one of my favorites.
Before the Electric Power Pressure Cooker, I would prepare the tomato sauce in your standard quart pot, and as you know when tomato sauce starts to boil it splashes all over the stove. Not with this cooker, you simply seal the lid press the timer and go do something else. No more standing over the stove. The cooker switches to warm when the timer is done.
I love cooking cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker XL. I can prepare meals in less than an hour. Easy to use and easy to clean.
Pressure Cooker Reviews
- 10 Best Electric Pressure Cookers for 2016
A good electric pressure cooker can save any cook a lot of time. As a parent of five children time is at a premium. Here's my thoughts on my favorite pressure cookers of 2014 so far.
Safety Tips when cooking with a Pressure Cooker
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when using the power pressure cooker.
While the Electric Power Pressure Cooker is safer than your Grandmother's stove top pressure cooker there are a few things to keep in mind.
Even though there are several safety features built in to your pressure cooker. I strongly recommend that you read your owners manual to The Electric Power Pressure Cooker XL and Rice cookers.
1). Do not let children near the pressure cooker during the cooking process.
2). When using the power pressure cooker place the cooker in a location in your kitchen that will allow the steam to vent away from people, appliances, cabinets, windows or any other item that can be damaged from releasing the steam.
3). NEVER fill the pressure cooker above the MAX fill line.
4). Keep hands away from vent value.
5). Unlike stove top pressure cookers the vent value will not rock and spray steam. The Electric power pressure cooker will hold all the steam inside the pot. If steam is in fact escaping during the cooking process the value is not in the proper position. Using an oven mitt - Carefully adjust vent value until steam is no longer spraying from the the lid.
6). The power pressure cooker has several built in safety features.
- LID SAFETY LOCK
- PRESSURE & TEMPERATURE SENSOR CONTROLS - To maintain even heat and pressure by automatically activating or deactivating the power supply.
- BACK-UP SAFETY RELEASE VALVE - If the temperature and pressure sensor malfunctions and the pressure builds beyond the maximum --the the back up will kick in and release the pressure.
- CLOG RESISTANT FEATURE - This prevents food from blocking the steam release port. Be sure so clean the port after each use.
- SPRING-LOADED SAFETY PRESSURE RELEASE - Should all safety features listed above fail, this “spring-loaded” device located beneath the heating element will automatically lower the INNER POT, causing it to separate automatically from the RUBBER GASKET This will enable the steam and pressure to automatically escape around the pot LID, avoiding a dangerous situation.
- TEMPERATURE CUT-OFF DEVICE - Should the unit malfunction and cause the internal temperature to rise beyond the “Safe” limit, this device will cut-off the power supply and will not automatically reset.
IMPORTANT: Always remove the Pressure Release Valve and clean the opening with pin to remove any blockage that might have occurred during the cooking process.
Electric Power Pressure Cookbooks
There are so many meals, deserts you can prepare with the Electric Pressure Cooker. I have experimented with some of my family recipes with great results. I have found several recipe cookbooks on line that inspire new menu items for my family.
Many of these pressure cooker cookbooks offer suggestions such as:
- Adapting recipes to the pressure cooker
- Step-by-step pressure-cooker instructions
- Some cookbooks include vegan recipes
- Nutritional values - explaining how the pressure cooker seals in vitamins and nutrients
- Advice on safety tips for pressure cooking
- Creating deserts
- Poultry, Meats, Main Course meals
You can even find pressure cookbooks on canning your favorites with step by step recipes and instructions.
More by this Author
Prepare a nutritious Potato Soup in less than 3o minutes with a Power Pressure Cooker. Just chop potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, place in cooker for 15 minutes. Great recipe for German Potato Soup
Prepare this Goulash (Gulasch) recipe in 30 minutes with the power pressure cooker XL. Remember when making beef stew would take hours over the stove. Not any more with the power pressure cooker.
BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, reviews for cooking with the power pressure cooker XL, meals in less than 30 minutes