Cherry Cobbler Delight
Cherry Cobbler Dessert
What You'll Need for Making Cherry Cobbler
Cherry Cobbler for Baking Dummies
I'm not a big baker by a long shot, but this recipe is so easy, even I can make it. If you like cherries and a tasty dessert, this is the recipe for you. No worries if your not Martha Stewart in the kitchen; you'll be hailed a baking hero with this simple cobbler. My family went nuts when I served this a few nights ago. You only need 2 to 4 ingredients in your refrigerator to make this delectable cobbler. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Cherries
According to an article on the mercola site, there are several health benefits to eating cherries:
- Antioxidant Protection. Cherries contain powerful antioxidants like anthocyanins and cyanidin. ...
- Cancer-Preventive Compounds. ...
- Reduce Inflammation and Your Risk of Gout. ...
- Support Healthy Sleep (Melatonin) ...
- Arthritis Pain Relief. ...
- Reduce Belly Fat. ...
- Reduce Post-Exercise Muscle Pain. ...
- Lower Risk of Stroke.
Have you ever baked Cherry CobblerSee results without voting
- 1 (16.3 Ounce) Can Refrigerated Jumbo Biscuits
- 1 (21 Ounce) Can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar, (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk, (Optional)
- Heaping Tablespoon Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Glass of Milk, Cold
Cook Time for Cherry Cobbler
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Serves 8 People
Instructions for Cherry Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 X 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open can of biscuits and cut into fourths.
- Pour pie filling into large mixing bowl.
- Add cut up biscuit pieces to bowl; stir together until coated.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- If you choose to make a glaze-mix together the milk and powdered sugar. Drizzle over Cherry Cobbler when slightly cooled. (Optional)
- Add whip cream on top and scoop of ice cream on the side. (Optional) but highly recommended.
Cherry Cobbler Delight
I do hope you enjoy this simple recipe for Cherry Cobbler. As you can see in the instructions, it's up to your family how they want to top this dessert. You can either make the simple frosting/glaze, or you can skip that and top with whip cream. Ice cream on the side makes a perfect pairing. It's also nice to know that cherries have health benefits when your indulging in this delicious dessert.
© 2015 Linda Rogers
More by this Author
If your a fan of rotisserie chicken, you'll love this easy crock-pot recipe with a whole chicken.
Great recipe for fat-free french fries. I found this delicious recipe as a member of Weight Watcher's.
A delicious and easy cucumber salad recipe. I've tried every kind of cucumber salad, and this one is my favorite.