Leftover Chicken Recipes
Leftover Chicken And Rice Recipes
I do not know about you, but I am always looking for Leftover chicken recipes as well as for Chicken and Rice recipes. Chicken is so easy to prepare and in South Africa, where I live, it is the meat we can afford to eat the most. We are only two people and there is always leftover chicken. So, I thought I'll give you these leftover chicken recipes as well as some chicken and rice recipes that are a favorite in our household. I hope you will enjoy them!
For the Chicken Risotto the Chicken Pilaff as well as the Chicken Casserole with Pineapple you can use leftover Chicken, adjust your seasoning to taste.
Chicken Risotto Instructions
- Sauté the chopped onion, garlic flakes, celery and carrot in butter.
- After 5 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Allow to cook a few minutes, then stir in the chopped chicken, ham and the wine.
- Add the seasonings, stir in the stock, cover the pan and allow to cook slowly for 30 minutes before adding the rice. (if using leftover chicken reduce cooking time to 15min)
- Use the extra chicken stock for further moisturizing during the cooking of the rice.
- When rice is cooked, stir in the grated cheese and extra butter.
- 1 lb chopped chicken (leftover chicken or chicken specially cooked for this recipe)
- ½ tsp garlic flakes
- ¼ pt chicken stock and
- 1 extra pint
- 2 peeled tomatoes, chopped
- ½ to 1 tsp celery seed or
- 1 stalk celery
- Salt and pepper
- 1 extra oz butter
- 1 medium onion
- 4 oz mushrooms
- 1 oz butter
- Chopped parsley
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped ham
- 1 cup white wine
- Grated cheese
- 1 ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 lb chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb thinly sliced onions
- 1 Tsp curry powder
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 chicken (for leftover chicken use 2 cups of shredded chicken)
- 2 oz or 2 Tsp cooking oil or butter
- 1 lb rice
- 2 Tsp almonds
- Chicken stock as needed
- If you are not using leftover chicken pressure cook the chicken and keep the stock. (If you do not have a pressure cooker, simply cook the chicken in a normal pot until completely tender)
- Cut the meat off the bones.
- Put the first five ingredients in a pot and simmer.
- Fry rice in butter or oil.
- Add chicken stock and cook.
- Mix both mixtures plus almonds together.
- If you are doing this for a large number of people, take only ½ lb of rice per chicken.
Chicken Casserole with Pineapple
- 1 Large Chicken
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- Salt, pepper and a pinch of thyme
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 Tsp Butter or Oil
- 1 Medium tin pineapple chunks, drained
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Place it in a large casserole with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add a little water and the thyme, cover and cook very slowly until tender.
- Remove the chicken from the bone, discarding the skin and place the chicken pieces in an oven proof dish
- Sauté the mushrooms in butter or oil, drain and add to the soup mixture with the red pepper and pineapple chunks
- Pour this sauce over the chicken pieces, cover and bake in a 300 deg. F. oven for 15 – 20 minutes
Creole oven-fried Chicken and Rice
Place 2 oz cooking fat in a baking pan while preheating the oven to 400 deg. F.
Wash and disjoint a 2 ½ - 3 lbs chicken.
Dip the chicken pieces in mixture of:
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- (thyme, sage, marjoram and rosemary)
- Place chicken pieces, skin side down, in melted fat in pan.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
While chicken is in the oven make the following mixture:
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 Tsp chopped parsley
And also prepare the following, bringing it to the boil:
- 2 ½ cups well-seasoned chicken broth (made with bouillon
- cubes or by stewing the neck and giblets)
- 2 cups peeled tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- When chicken is ready, remove from pan.
- Put the first mixture in the pan.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of this mixture, turn them over and then pour over the soup and tomato mixture.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake, uncovered, for a further 40 – 45 minutes at 350 deg. F.
- If necessary, add a bit of broth or hot water during baking to prevent dryness. This is usually not necessary.
Do You Eat Home Cooked Chicken More Than Once A WeekSee results without voting
More by this Author
When you are starting a prayer group you have to know how you are going to conduct the prayer group and what your prayer group activities are going to be.
Looking at a homemade water filtration using charcoal and sand can be a very good way to get clear, clean house water. As the need for clean water grows so will the need for water filters. Making a Homemade Charcoal...
Here are some top tips on how to lose leg fat.