Simple Chicken Noodle Recipe
My Family's Favorite Chicken Noodle RecipeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Simple Chicken Noodle Recipe
1/2 lb. boneless Chicken
16 oz. Oriental Pancit Canton Noodles
1/2 lb. green beans / snow peas
1 cup baby carrots
1/4 cup. olive oil / canola oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion
1 pc. chicken broth cube
- Prepare all the ingredients. Slice the onions into small pieces. Mince the garlic. Slice carrots thinly. Snap off both ends of green beans / snow peas. (For green beans slice it diagonally of but not more than 2" long / for snow peas choose the young snow peas and don't slice it.) Slice chicken into bite size, do not have to be uniform in sizes but no more than 1 inch thick.
- Turn on stove into medium heat , put on a non-stick skillet (I use Green Pan by Todd English). Pour the 1/4 cup olive oil / canola oil into the skillet. Make sure to warm up the oil before adding the garlic. Garlic must be brownish, then add the sliced onions. Stir it (use the wooden spoon).
- Wait till all light brown then add the bite sized chicken and mix it all. Then pour the soy sauce, then chicken broth cube, and dash of pepper.
- Wait for chicken to glaze and golden brown, lower the heat of the stove if possible to avoid burning.
- When it is glazing, higher up the heat to medium. Then, add 2 cups of water. Cover it and let it simmer for few minutes. You can add dash of salt especially when you don't have chicken broth cube.
- While it's boiling add the carrots and green beans / snow peas. Then, add the noodles on top without stirring it.
- When the vegetable are already half-cooked (green beans or snow peas are of great taste when it is not over cooked), Mix it all slowly and lower the heat again. Stir and mix it until the noodles are cook.
- This will serve at least 4 person and could be served with a cup of steamed rice per serving or wheat bread.
Green Pan Todd English
This non-stick pan is so far the innovative, best buy and awesome pan that we had owned. After buying this pan, I never used other pan when cooking. I find it so easy to clean and even dishwasher friendly. Despite the good promise that they have, i still do my part of taking care of it when cooking. I used the wooden spoon to avoid scratches, and always follow the manufacturer's advice of how to use and maintain the quality of the pan.
Comparing this non-stick pan to other pan that i had before, i find the food more juicier and yummier. I had this pan for almost a year now and so far i have no problem about it. We bought the pan with the pot and the grilling pan.
Buy Todd English Non-stick Cookware
More by this Author
I’m a new MOM to a 6 months old baby girl. Visiting the clinic or hospital to see her pediatrician is very important. And making sure that she will be immune to serious diseases as she grows is by vaccination....
I had Pregnancy Rash: Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP) when i was pregnant. What things i did to feel better?