Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Using Instant Noodle
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
If you read and tried my recipe on Mee Kari or Curry Mee Recipe Using Instant Noodle, you will realize that this recipe is not only simple and easy but is also delicious and nutritious.
I have now tried a variation of our favorite Malaysian Chicken Noodle Soup, using the infamous instant noodle.
The traditional Chicken Noodle Soup consists of chicken broth, a few pieces of chicken, vegetables and noodles. The preparation time for a good chicken broth can take at least an hour as the full flavour will be realised if it is simmered over low heat.
Therefore, if you do not have the time, this recipe with Instant Noodle is your saviour. It is also ideal when you are away from home on holidays or you are a student abroad and longed for homemade cooking, but do not know how.
Then you must try my variation of this easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe using instant noodle.
Instant Chicken Noodle Soup Cook Time
Ingredients for Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 packet Chicken flavored Instant Noodle
- 2 small pieces Chicken, with skin removed
- 2 cups Water, to boil instant noodle
- 2 cups Water, for chicken broth
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts, washed and with roots removed
- 2 stalks Sawi (kai choy / Chinese mustard green), chopped into pieces about 2 inch in length
- a dash Pepper, optional
- 4 slices Ginger, for boiling with chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, for boiling with chicken
Instructions for Chicken Noodle Soup
- Boil the instant noodle with 2 cups of water, but without the spice mixture. Just before it comes to a boil, remove from fire and drain all the water. Put the noodle aside while you prepare the chicken broth. As mentioned in my earlier recipe, you want to remove all traces of any coloring substance from the instant noodle. It is not healthy. So make it a habit of doing this all the time. For this recipe, I use the instant rice vermicelli noodles. You can also use the egg instant noodles.
- In a separate pot, boil the chicken pieces and ginger with 2 cups of water. Add salt and if required pepper. When the chicken is cooked, add the noodle, sawi and bean sprouts to the mixture. Continue to boil for another minute
- Then add the spice mixture and continue to boil for half a minute.
- Pour this noodle mixture into a bowl and serve while it is still hot. If required add a bit of pepper for another flavoring.
- For a truly Malaysian feel to this Chicken Noodle Soup, add a few slices of fresh red chillies, then serve in bowls with chopsticks.
Variation to this Simple Instant Noodle Chicken Soup
For some variety to this dish, you can add mushrooms, carrots, fried shallots, fried garlic, spring onions and soy sauce.
Instead of chicken, you can use beef or seafood varieties that can include prawns and squids.
Chicken Noodle Soup for Cold and Flu
If you have a cold or flu, not feeling well or have a fever, take Chicken Noodle Soup. It will be good for you, trust me.
Travel to Malaysia and Taste the Many Versions of Chicken Noodle Soup
Malaysia is a melting pot of diverse cultures, races and traditions. This makes Malaysia a unique holiday experience to savor not just on its sights but also on its many taste and flavors of its foods.
Chicken Noodle Soup is just one of its many favorite. Mee Kari or Noodle Curry is another hot Malaysian favorite. The thing about eating out in Malaysia is not just eating at nice hotels or restaurants, but also at its outdoor food courts or at the hawker stalls.
So travel to Malaysia and feast on its many foods including the many versions and varieties of Chicken Noodle Soup.
Have You Tried My Other Recipes?
One of our favorite snack foods is the banana fritters, which is best eaten when it is still hot. We usually buy them at hawker's stall to eat while on the go or pack to bring back home. If you want to try them at home, then you should use my recipe. It is crispy and tasty. Click here for my version of Banana Fritter recipe,
As mentioned earlier, Mee Kari or Curry Noodle is another favorite Malaysian dish. My instant noodle version is quick and easy. Click here for the recipe Mee Kari or Curry Mee Recipe Using Instant Noodle,
More by this Author
Simple step-by-step guide on how to make folded omelette with photos to help you fold the omelette properly; plus recipes from other parts of the world for different variations of omelet
This quick and easy Malaysian mee goreng or fried noodles version uses instant noodles. Ideal if you are in a hurry. Try this delicious and healthy recipe & I am sure you will like it.
Information about the KLIA2 terminal in Kuala Lumpur International Airport. How to get there and find airlines, buses, taxis, trains and other facilities.
No comments yet.