Chicken Normandy / Normande Recipe
Chicken normandy is a tasty classic, it's completely different than usual chicken recipe though. It's a dish that combines the flavors of onions, apple, and chicken to create a succulent chicken dish that tastes great, so this is a must try!
- 2 tbsp hard margarine (butter browns too fast)
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- sprinkle of salt
- sprinkle of pepper
- 1-2 medium onions (sliced)
- 3-4 cooking apples peeled and sliced (Mcintosh is good)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a frying pan heat the margarine, then add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Now on the bottom a small roaster put a layer of sliced onions, then cover with a layer of sliced apples. Lay the chicken on top.
- Mix the cornstarch, water, and salt in a small frying pan, and boil until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake the chicken in the oven for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until tender.
Please feel free to...
- Ask a Question
- And Rate Up :)
No comments yet.